Milei vows pension veto, opts out of own benefits

The measure isn't retroactive so while future ex presidents will get no pension . CFK will continue to receive 14 million pesos and Fernandez 7 million pesos diet..! Seems fair ?

The measure isn't retroactive so while future ex presidents will get no pension . CFK will continue to receive 14 million pesos and Fernandez 7 million pesos diet..! Seems fair ?
I saw CFK with 28 million on a chart last night. She was a deputy, senator, vice president, and president, so I would consider that some recognition of this service is appropriate, otherwise no decent person would go into politics (possibly an oxymoron, I know), but 28 or even 14 million in Argentina doesn't seem terribly fair. The decent thing for CFK to do, of course, would be to donate a large part of that to charity. Perhaps it would have been better for the government to negotiate, tweak the formula to something fairer, get agreement and, like, actually finally pass a damn law?

I saw CFK with 28 million on a chart last night. She was a deputy, senator, vice president, and president, so I would consider that some recognition of this service is appropriate, otherwise no decent person would go into politics (possibly an oxymoron, I know), but 28 or even 14 million in Argentina doesn't seem terribly fair. The decent thing for CFK to do, of course, would be to donate a large part of that to charity. Perhaps it would have been better for the government to negotiate, tweak the formula to something fairer, get agreement and, like, actually finally pass a damn law?
To set the Record straight, CFK is legally entitled to 2 jubilaciones de Privilegio, as Ex Presidenta and widow of a President . She didn't receive a pension as vice presidenta of the Senate.

Back