Milongas

MikeD

Registered
Hi

I will be in BA for a week (Nov 18th-27th). This will be my second visit. I am fascinated by the city. Might consider moving there at some point. In addition to catching the Polo, I wanted to visit a few Milongas where an intermediate level dancer would not be totally out of place. Any suggestions? Is there perhaps an expat group that does visits to milongas? Last time I was there I went to the practicas at the La Academia Nacional del Tango of Ave de Mayo. A nice pracica with a Milonga afterwards, but looking for something else this time.

Mike

The list is almost endless, but here are some of my recomendations:
Nuevo Chique Tuesday and Thursday 16:00- 23:00 San Jose 224 1º
El Arranque Monday,Tuesday, and Thursday 15:00- 22:00 Bartolome Mitre 1759 and Saturday 15:00- 21:00
These are the places that seem to have a bit of room for the less experienced, but You could try Salon Canning open every night (times vary) and if you pick up the free Tango Map and guide or Dios Tango they contain a long list of places to go.
If I were there at the moment we could meet up, but unfortunastely I am in the UK.

Depens on you age.
Just avoid el Beso. If you just ivite a girl to dance without cabeceo there, they will be upset.
Thuesday and saturday Milonga 10 at Loyola 828 is the best choise.
You can go to Villa Malcolm the whole week but saturday. It is an expat guetto.
La viruta is open from wednesday to sundays, it is for free after 1 am and Fri and Sat after 3.30. Saturday and sunday you can go to La Glorieta. Sundays to la Milonga de Plaza Dorrego.
Regards

Thangs everyone. Just arrived in BA. Rented a a great appartment in Puerto Madero. Plan to catch some of the Polo and try some of the recommendations above. ... oh and did I say I'm here for a conference :)

Back