Monedero or Sube Cards

JHB1216

Registered
I have recently lost my Sube card and am wondering if anyone has recently attempted to get their´s replaced. I submitted my request at their web site three weeks ago and have not heard anything. My wife called and the Sube office said that we should continue to wait.

I went to the post office to just get a new one with my passport (the other one is tied to my DNI) and out of the 3 post offices that I went to, none of them had the cards. So I went to the Monedero Office in Hall Central Estación Fco. Lacroze and they said that I had to go to the post office.

Has anyone had any success in getting Sube or Monedero cards recentlyl?

Thanks

last week i got a sube card (with my expired DNI!) at an OCA on godoy cruz near av. santa fe (2 doors down from mcdonald's). no problem, no turno, no waiting. but this one was not a replacement.

We got our monedero card at a subte station. But that was like 8 months ago so I am not sure if you can still do it.

Mondero and Sube are different, Mondero is a private company, and Sube is somehow government related.

I got a new Sube card a week or so ago at the Correo- you just have to go to one of the big correo's, not the little contract stations.
Basically, if there are 40 people waiting, and a torno machine, you can probably get a Sube card there.

Mondero cards are supposedly only available at their offices- and they only list 3 in the city-
http://www.monedero.com.ar/monedero-obtener-centros.htm

Most likely you could have both a Sube and a Mondero card.

this site shows which correos and other offices will sell you a Sube card-
http://www.sube.gob.ar/consegui-tu-tarjeta/
you need to select your barrio.

However, since you already had a Sube card, that may throw you into some kind of argentine legal limbo, where they may or may not just give you a new one. And the only way to find out is to take a number, and wait...

You may not be able to get a new Monodero card (i think they are phasing them out bc i couldn't get one at tribulanes the other day). Ask around to your argentine friends to see if anyone has a monodero they don't use anymore. This is what i did.

My SUBE card snapped in half and I had trouble getting a replacement. Basically you have to call the SUBE number and wait on hold until they give you a code to get a new one. Apparently there is only "one card per passport/document" which is really annoying. It may just be worth it to try and get another SUBE card at a correo with your same passport rather than deal with the SUBE people.

i repeat, you do not have to go the the correo and wait for ever with a turno. some OCA succursales do it on the spot. see my earlier post.

Last Friday the correo could not change a 100 peso bill AFTER my Christmas postage costs were totaled. I do not expect much, let alone a Sube card, from them.

Back