Money OUT of Argentina

Denver

Registered
There are many threads on bringing money into Argentina, but not much info on getting it back out again.

I asked this question a while back, but there didn't seem to be any response, so here 'tis again:

Who here have brought (using any method) a large sum of money such as the proceeds from a real estate sale OUT of Argentina? How did you bring the funds in originally and what were your experiences with getting them back out?

-Perhaps people who have sold and moved out stop frequenting expat forums?

Cheers,
Neil

I have helped many people transfer monies out of Argentina with no problems at all . You need to have a referral to a major bank and exchange house provided by a third party.

Unfortunately many people are saying its difficult and also charging very high fees . I can assure you that bringing monies into and out of Argentina should not exceed 1 percent . Private me if you need more details .

I do not have personal experience with "large sums of money". But I do know of someone who was working with my husband who could not send his salary back to his home country. It's not at all your situation so if you want more details, PM me. Otherwise I won't bother writing up the story! ;)

There are "casas de cambio" where you can buy or sell US checks. I don't know what they charge now, but eight years ago the fee was quite reasonable. The trick is to make sure you are dealing with a reputable one.

Pericles is probably familiar with them.

Go to Montevideo and deposit the US$ in your bank account there. It's a national pastime in Argentina.

gunt86 said:
Go to Montevideo and deposit the US$ in your bank account there. It's a national pastime in Argentina.

Or go to Colonia. In a local Valdense bank people routinely arrive with with suitcases full of dollars.

You'll have to show the money's provenance, so take along a copy of your home sale's papers.

SaraSara said:
Or go to Colonia. In a local Valdense bank people routinely arrive with with suitcases full of dollars.

You'll have to show the money's provenance, so take along a copy of your home sale's papers.

Can you tell me where I can get a suitcase full of money to go deposit there?
Thanks in advance! ;)

mini said:
Can you tell me where I can get a suitcase full of money to go deposit there?
Thanks in advance! ;)

Sorry, but I just deposited the last shipment from Kabul. Will let you know when the next one arrives.

Back