Monotributo & contract with local employer

easthyloved

Registered
Hello.

I want to get residence permit and stay at this country. We plan to get to Argentina as a tourist, then register monotributo and sign a contract with local employer. Is it real way to reach the goal?

Thanking you in advance.

I want to get residence permit and stay at this country. We plan to get to Argentina as a tourist, then register monotributo and sign a contract with local employer. Is it real way to reach the goal?
It simply does not work that way.

You have to have DNI with the CUIT/CUIL before you can register as a monotrubuto, and in order to get the DNI with the CUIT/CUIL you woud have to have a busines that is regstered with migraciones to hire foreigners to "sponsor" you do get a "work visa" which would result in gettin your DNI.

As above, having a local employer means “relación de dependencia” (employed) and not “monotributista” (self-employed)

An employer is responsible for paying your salary plus social contributions and various taxes. In order to renew a temporary residence for employment, which must be done every 12 months, you will need to present your signed pay slips for each month to migraciones to prove the employer has been making these payments and the employment is genuine (sometimes migraciones will also make a surprise inspection your place of workplace but now days with home office etc this is less straightforward.) Either way the employer must first be registered with Migraciones to hire a non-resident foreigner and following that you will need to sign your “employment contract” in front of Migraciones together with the employer, meaning it is correct to enter first as a tourist in order to start the process.

Probably, the "easiest" way for you to get a DNI in Argentina is to get a "student visa" which will get you a DNI and a CUIT/CUIL (taxpayer identification number).

To get temporary residency based on being a student you must enroll in an institution that is approved by migraciones.

If you don't speak Spanish that might be difficult..It is something others may be able to clarify.

There have been jokes recently about getting a "fake enrollment" but in the case being joked about, the enrollment was real.

It is the student that is "fake" (in the sense that he has no desire to be a real student and enrolled just to get the visa and the DNI).

After you get the student visa you will receive the DNI with the CUIL/CUIT.

Then you can become a monotribusto and work for yourself or (as far as I know) work for someone else without prior approval from migraciones.

In order to be able to renew the student visa after the first year, you will actually have to have completed the required course of study.

Migraciones will check to see that you have done so.If you have not, there will be no renewal.

The temporary residency conveyed by the student visa can never be "upgraded" to permanent resdiency, but you can apply for citizenship while you are here with a student visa.

Last edited:
PS to my previous post:

In order to ba approved for a student visa, you will have to priovide a criminal background check for any countires you have been living in for more than one year (cumulative) for the past three years.

You will also have to provide evidence that you already have enough money to support yourself in Argentina while you are here as a student.

You cannot tell migraciones you are going to get a job as soon as you get the DNI and the CUIT/CUIL.

You can get a job after you get ehe DNI and the CUIT/CUIL, but you already have to have enough money to live on for the term of the visa.

Hello guys,

As a Monotributo, do you fill out the "Declaración jurada" every month or every year?
Do you issue invoice though de system?

My situation: I enrolled 6 months ago just to present to the Court for the purpose of citizenship. I paid the fee every month, but nothing else. I don't work in Argentina. I am a small real estate investor, I have passive income and a job in the US where my salary is deposited to my Bank Of America account.

Hello guys,

As a Monotributo, do you fill out the "Declaración jurada" every month or every year?
Do you issue invoice though de system?

My situation: I enrolled 6 months ago just to present to the Court for the purpose of citizenship. I paid the fee every month, but nothing else. I don't work in Argentina. I am a small real estate investor, I have passive income and a job in the US where my salary is deposited to my Bank Of America account.
The DDJJ is done twice a year in case you need to change your category ( not sure which category you are enrolled into ).

The DDJJ is done twice a year in case you need to change your category ( not sure which category you are enrolled into ).
I am category D. Then, I guess the DDJJ will be about how much you made the last 6 months. So, if you are not changing category, no need to do it? Anyway, any amount will be a ly, I was wondering if it's good to just not do it.

Do you use the system to send invoices?
As I don't have any clients to bill, this part is impossible as well.

I am category D. Then, I guess the DDJJ will be about how much you made the last 6 months. So, if you are not changing category, no need to do it? Anyway, any amount will be a ly, I was wondering if it's good to just not do it.

Do you use the system to send invoices?
As I don't have any clients to bill, this part is impossible as well.
ok here you can check the current categories as of Jan 2023 https://www.afip.gob.ar/monotributo...s/monotributo-categorias-valores-vigentes.pdf
If you are to remain within the same category ( D ) you can either file your DDJJ or not ( when you don't do it, Afip will do it based on information they have from bank accounts, expenses paid for, credit cards, health insurance, etc and estimates your category. I remain in the same category, but just in case I file my ddjj every time )

ok here you can check the current categories as of Jan 2023 https://www.afip.gob.ar/monotributo...s/monotributo-categorias-valores-vigentes.pdf
If you are to remain within the same category ( D ) you can either file your DDJJ or not ( when you don't do it, Afip will do it based on information they have from bank accounts, expenses paid for, credit cards, health insurance, etc and estimates your category. I remain in the same category, but just in case I file my ddjj every time )
This is good advice, if you don't do it, AFIP will do it for your, and to your detriment possibly, i.e. overcharging you by putting you in a higher category, or undercharging you and then telling you that you need to change categories the next time.

In case anybody is curious, it's been pretty accurate. I'm Category G and they auto recommended I remain as such based on data that Nikad highlighted, while my husband was previously Category B, started working with me in tech post-July 2022, and they right away told him this month he needs to up his category based on the data they have about him, which we did (and were planning to do anyways).

Also, it may seem counterintuitive, but if you want a higher credit limit on your credit cards or better banking package you can opt to pay for the higher category even if you make less; the account manager at the bank told me that they take the category in to consideration more than your facturas emitidas.

Back