Monthly Book Club Meeting

Alicia karr

Registered
Dear readers, we had another lively and delicious book club meeting on the last Wednesday of April. We bid a Bon voyage to our seasonally departing members Tomatakai and look forward seeing them next year. However there is some talk of Nancy continuing to participate via Skype!
The May Book Selection is the Pulitzer Prize winner and New York Times Bestselling "The Goldfinch" by Donna Tartt. I can't say enough good things about this book. It has been my new personal favorite for the last year. It is long, but if I'm predicting properly, you will not be able to put it down and will devour it. The plot is very suspenseful, the characters deeply drawn, and the writing style both descriptive and at times comical..but enough of me,. what do you think?
Come to the May meeting Wednesday May 28 and give us your opinion! Just sign up below and state what you'll be contributing to the pot luck dinner that follows the meeting. If this will be your first time I will PM you the address and phone after reading your post. All members of BAExpats are welcome. Happy reading!

I read this book just last month and could not put it down! The real kicker was at the end when William discovers that his brother killed his father and forged the will - and his mother's ghost comes back to testify! I really didn't see those coming at all! You guys will love this book!

:) (just kidding)

But the part about you not being able to put it down was real, right? See readers, I kid you not when I say this! Maybe even non-reader types too!

Hi, I won´t be able to attend the next get-together due to travel but I will be interested to read the book.
I would like to second your comment about the enjoyable (and delicious) meetings and look forward to attending the one in June, which according to my records, will be the twelve months of book club! Given the fact that expats come and go all the time and it is difficult to find books that interest people as diverse as those on the BA Expats site, I think you are doing a great job. Best wishes for the May meeting, Sarah

I'm truly so happy you all are enjoying this book. Would love to welcome some new people to our may 28 meeting! Any questions, just post them here. Can't get a babysitter? Just bring your baby!
The book is widely available on I Books, Amazon, and I think at Kels Bookstores here in BsAs.

OK, I'm sold on the book and haven't even looked it up yet. Please count me in. I'll bring some dessert.

Hi folks, we are getting near "that time of the month"--our May BAEXPAT Book Club meeting and pot luck: Wednesday May 28, 7:00 in Recoleta. We have been reading the Pulitzer winning and NYT Bestseller "The Goldfinch" by Donna Tartt.
We are an age and country diverse group of friendly forum members who enjoy making new friends, lively discussion, and great home made food! All forum members all welcome to attend, even if you have not read the book (there are some excellent and detailed synopsis and reviews found on the Internet.) this will be a smaller group than normal as several of our regular members are out of the country. A great time for some new people to come! It's totally free. Just RSVP here letting me know what dish you'll be bringing for the pot luck dinner that follows the book discussion. If you haven't been before I'll PM you with the address. By the way babies are welcome.
Look forward to seeing you Wednesday!

Back