More Control Of International Air Passengers

glasgowjohn

Registered
CFK and her government seem to be continuing their control of who is arriving and leaving the country

According to this , they now want our Frequent Flier info....

http://www.infobae.com/2014/09/25/1597242-el-gobierno-controlara-aun-mas-los-pasajeros-vuelos-internacionales

Some of it makes sense but I am sure the AFIP will use the data for their own benefit.

I just bought my ticket to Miami for $83 dollars and 20K miles. I was expecting that AFIP was going to want a cut of the action. I hope I can make it out before AFIP figures how to get their cut.

With this new and improved traveller info avoiding the 35% tax for international travel by purchasing tickets from the likes of Orbitz, Expedia (non Argentine companies) will close that loophole. AFIP will collect it at check in.

Note that the airlines have to provide this information, not the traveller personally, unless you have your own plane.

What a bunch of bullsh**. These controls supposedly are put in place to prevent criminals from crossing the border and making Immigrations's job easier. Do they think Butch Cassedy will sneak back into Argentina?

Back