More robberies in Argentina than anywhere else in the Americas

citygirl

Registered
Just in case anyone missed this, Farenheit posted this link which is really scary.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1513257-ranking-de-robos-la-argentina-en-el-primer-lugar

More robberies in Argentina than any other country in the Americas (North/Central/South)
De hecho, la Argentina tiene la tasa de robos más alta de América , según un informe del Observatorio Hemisférico de la Organización de los Estados Americanos (OEA), que revela que el índice duplica la tasa promedio evaluada en 28 países americanos.

And wow - there are more murders here than in the US apparently. (Y vos?? ;) )

En la muestra de la OEA la Argentina aparece con una tasa de homicidios de 5,5 cada 100.000 habitantes. Sólo tres países de América tienen tasas menores.
Canadá aparece como el país con mejor tasa de homicidios, con 1,5 cada 100.000 habitantes, mientras que Chile informó de 3,5 homicidios intencionales cada 100.000 habitantes, y Estados Unidos comunicó una tasa de 4,6 cada 100.000 habitantes.

citygirl said:
And wow - there are more murders here than in the US apparently. (Y vos?? ;) )

En la muestra de la OEA la Argentina aparece con una tasa de homicidios de 5,5 cada 100.000 habitantes. Sólo tres países de América tienen tasas menores.
Canadá aparece como el país con mejor tasa de homicidios, con 1,5 cada 100.000 habitantes, mientras que Chile informó de 3,5 homicidios intencionales cada 100.000 habitantes, y Estados Unidos comunicó una tasa de 4,6 cada 100.000 habitantes.

You've been warned not to use statistics on this board. The use of facts and figures my limit the scope of the conversation and prevent unsubstantiated attacks.

:eek:

Oh people, the above study is a plot by the IMF and the US government to take over the world. They just want to put down Argentina because Argentina is the best country in the world and is "a bad example" that the IMF doesn't like.

You know...its all a big conspiracy! The whole world does not like Argentina and they lie, they LIE, like Clarin, they all LIE!!

See? I just proved the above study wrong. Because in the US _______ !:rolleyes:

On a serious note, this scares the crap out of me seeing that most crimes are not even reported in this country!

I'm sure someone will be along to argue shortly. :rolleyes:

And I should rephrase, there are more murders in the US in sheer numbers due to population size but the percentage of murders is higher in Argentina with 5.5 per 100K of population here in Arg vs 4.6 per 100K in the US.

The scary thing is it appears these numbers are what each country reports. And we certainly all know that robberies/crime in general in Argentina are NOT reported. Which would put the robbery number even higher:eek:

For years I've been reading on this board that crime is a lot worse in the US and that BA is a pretty safe place. Any opinion to the contrary was blasted for being retrograde. What happened to those expats?

Hahaha I seem to have read recently a plea for "stop comparing Argentina with USA its boring " and now look what comes along!

Maybe hopped on the same bus as "there are no reliable statistics about crime in Argentina"?

Crime figures are used for political purposes by whoever wants a stick to beat someone - not just here but elsewhere as well.

Bet I can find some examples of that in the USA especially at the run up to an election.

On the other hand ... lies in a newspaper with a political axe to grind? same old same old is boring!!

Read the Daily Mail sometime

My mention of the murder rate was actually a direct response to the fact that people constantly say "But it's much more dangerous than the US or whatever other country..." Hence the "y vos" and smiley face. I don't actually care what the murder or robbery rate is in the US.

I do care about the crime rate here. Since again, I live HERE.

This is a report issued by the Organization of American States, not a newspaper with an ax to grind.

I'm not sure why Napoleon is telling citygirl what she can and can't post?

Back