Morelli Stove?

Stevied

Registered
Hi all,

I am in the process of buying some new appliances for our kitchen. I've found a stove that I like - but I don't have experience with this brand, so hoping someone might be able to tell me anything they know about Morelli stoves. It's a gas cocina - I like to cook and really focused on getting a gas stove, reliable, with good Btu output.

Steve

Hi all,

I am in the process of buying some new appliances for our kitchen. I've found a stove that I like - but I don't have experience with this brand, so hoping someone might be able to tell me anything they know about Morelli stoves. It's a gas cocina - I like to cook and really focused on getting a gas stove, reliable, with good Btu output.

Steve
I was about to get a Morelli a few months ago and decided to get LuxorGas instead as I was going to install in in an apartment. Certified gasistas might refuse to install a Morelli in a family home as it is not certified by enargas ( they are in the process of getting some models certified and approved ). Luxorgas is robus, professional and has security valves for both oven and burners. I think Morelli only has security valves for the oven. There is a $$ difference though. I think when cooking they are both excellent choices nevertheless.

Thanks Nikad! Helpful info. The Morelli I was looking at was a model I saw at a couple of stores in BA - including Fravega at the Dot. It's from their Country line - 550 ACE. In any case, would Fravega sell it for residential use even if it were not certified? The Luxorgas looks great too - they have a 55cm version for our small kitchen which would work great. Thanks again!

Thanks Nikad! Helpful info. The Morelli I was looking at was a model I saw at a couple of stores in BA - including Fravega at the Dot. It's from their Country line - 550 ACE. In any case, would Fravega sell it for residential use even if it were not certified? The Luxorgas looks great too - they have a 55cm version for our small kitchen which would work great. Thanks again!
They will sell it, the problem is the gas guys that have to install it. I know that Morelli Cristal 60 cm model is certified and approved, 55 cm not approved yet. I rememebr they actually game me this information on their Facebook page, you can ask, see if in 2017 they got other models certified.

Morelli makes fine stoves for Argentina. All overpriced shit compared to the us

We have a Franke gas stove top, and electric oven, separate pieces. I'm very happy with them. The Franke store has a large selection to choose from.
Nancy

I also have a Franke, and it has been trouble free for almost ten years.
Showroom is on the corner of Santa Fe and Cerrito (9 de Julio)
If you are iinstalling in an apartment building, you should get one that is listed. If you dont, and Metrogas inspects, they are shutting off the gas to entire buildings if unlisted appliances are found- your neighbors will hate you.

I don't understand why people keep buying gas ovens - aren't they a safety hazard? Especially in a country where safety and regular maintenance are unheard of?
I am looking into buying an electric oven and they are so expensive!

Thanks for the further advice from everyone. Ries, your explanation of why its important to have a certified cocina is dead in - one of my sister-in-laws told me today that this just happened in her building - somebody called the gas company about an issue; they found out that the gas appliances weren't certified, and they have shut the gas to the building while they do inspections. I was going to risk it for the Morelli, but changed my mind - their are only 4 units in our building and I don't want to make enemies. The Franke's are nice - but we really only have space for a cocina, not the separate horno/anafe units. I went to the LuxorGas place at the Dot - nice cocinas, a bit expensive, and a month to deliver - but I think we will go with that unless anyone has another suggestion for a similar grade cocina?

I don't understand why people keep buying gas ovens - aren't they a safety hazard? Especially in a country where safety and regular maintenance are unheard of?
I am looking into buying an electric oven and they are so expensive!
It is nearly impossible to find parts when they break, and they use a LOT of energy. Apparently they are not very efficient. I was going to try going electric, but after some research I decided it was not a good idea here.

Back