Most cabify drivers don’t accept my ride requests.

I have found this to be an increasing problem too.
Also many more will accept, then they cancel after a few minutes.

Why? Common reasons include
- the ride will be paid by card and not cash
- the ride will be too short
- the ride will be too long
- where you’re going is not where they are going
- traffic is a pain in the ass
- they got a better customer on another app like DiDi, Uber or Beat (many use multiple apps simultaneously)

In the city I now only use the free taxi app from the city and don’t bother with cabify etc. It’s almost always better and a cab arrives within 3-4 minutes except at rush hour when they can be harder to come by. Also if your ride involves Aeropaque a few times have noticed they seem to hate it and cancel before they get to you (which is ironic since the line to get a cab from Aeroparque is frequently up to an hour wait because their are no cabs so not like a shortage of potential pick ups at the destination for the driver to worry about!)

Going to and from Provincia is almost always a headache with cancellations or just no drivers of any type to be found.

There is a generalized cab shortage, most cab owners I talk daily, do not work after 8pm.
Cabs that unload passengers at Aeroparque can not pick up fares there, there is a mafia control. If you need a cab at Aeroparque exit to the avenue and wave a cab that charges by the meter, not like the ones 'on line' that rip you off with a fixed amount..!
Many friends hesitate to go out evenings if they will need a return cab ride after 8 pm..!

Application rates. during peak hour, are much higher that actual yellow-cab rates.

There is a generalized cab shortage, most cab owners I talk daily, do not work after 8pm.
Cabs that unload passengers at Aeroparque can not pick up fares there, there is a mafia control. If you need a cab at Aeroparque exit to the avenue and wave a cab that charges by the meter, not like the ones 'on line' that rip you off with a fixed amount..!
Many friends hesitate to go out evenings if they will need a return cab ride after 8 pm..!
I’m not sure this is the case any more at AEP since 2019ish. The fixed fares are actually generated by the city government that regulates taxis (and from my experience tend to be lower than the meter!) and now any taxi company is able to do pick ups - providing the driver has a valid registration of course. The thing is they are supposed to drive to a holding area after drop off to wait to be called forward to pick up new passengers. All of this can be a pain in the backside for drivers and means that any “dodgy” drivers have a high risk of getting caught being dodgy.

- they got a better customer on another app like DiDi, Uber or Beat (many use multiple apps simultaneously)
Since Cabify owns their cars and hires their drivers, it would be very unusual for them to work for Uber or anybody else on the side.

Since Cabify owns their cars and hires their drivers, it would be very unusual for them to work for Uber or anybody else on the side.
They own all their cars? I once had a diplomatic plated one to Ezeiza driven by an elderly Syrian man who could barely speak Spanish or English (I assume thanks for the moonlighting vehicle goes out to the Syrian embassy and not Cabify)

On their hiring page they are also pretty clear you need to BYO car:

Requisitos
  • Sedan 4/5 Puertas en perfectas condiciones
  • Aire acondicionado
  • Ser mayor de 21 años
  • Celular con sistema operativo Android

I love the line for cabs at aeroparque. From my observations, it's not a factor of a shortage of cabs its that they only load one cab at a time and advance all the others one cab at a time in order. Instead of loading several and letting them go. This makes no sense...

Cabify expanded their business model then. I stand corrected.
Yes, Cabify bought Easy Taxi a few years ago to take a competitor out of the market and then raise prices.

There's an interesting app called InDriver which allows you to "auction" your journey. It doesn't seem to be very popular here in Argentina yet, though.

Back