Most secure way to get a document from US

STElmoFranco

Registered
I need to have an important document (2 pages total) sent to me from the US and was wondering what the most dependable method is? I would guess it would be FedEx or DHL, but I'm a little concerned about what they will do with it when they get to my apartment since there is no portero. Is there anyway they could just keep it at their office and I go pick it up?

Also, could you help me with the correct mailing address format? I obviously know my street address, but I've seen zip code type numbers as well.

Thank you!

I would say FedEx for sure!! I had 2 things sent down here with them.. and it was perfect!!!! I think you have nothing to worry about with FedEx....

DHL has a location at the US Embassy/Consulate

If you have it sent there so that you can pick it up, I'm pretty sure that the ambassador won't take it home with her.

Not to start a controversy, but DHL shutdown U.S. domestic operations about two years ago. They use third party vendors for international deliveries from the USA. Not the most reliable in my opinion.

I have had trouble with DHL shipments, but FedEx is flawless. Bought a home in the US from here - FedExed the forms back and forth.

When I do a quote on a shipment from the US to Argentina it quotes me almost US $100 for an envelope. Is that the normal rate? I knew it would be expensive, but that's more than I'd predicted.

Sounds about right - last time I checked it was about ninety dollars.

UPS works very well too, I just got my Criminal Record Check Apostilled from them, and the return postage here was U$D42 from DC, and it cost U$D50 to get to DC from here.

Back