Motorcycle Diaries

Michael_CA

Registered
I just recently finished reading Che's Motorcycle Diaries, after seeing the film as well. It got me really interested in perhaps doing a similar thing, taking a year off and traveling across South America.

Does anyone know someone who has actually tried this? Obviously it would be an incredibly arduous and potentially dangerous trip, and I would certainly have to work on my Spanish more before I left, or it would be impossible to survive. But I am curious whether anyone knows someone who has tried to make such a trip, and how they felt about it afterwards? (and if they came back alive!).

Gracias

Did you know that a young swiss immigrant traveled on horseback from BA to NY city in 1929?
The horses were a tough local breed (caballos criollos), and he received a medal from the US president.
The horses were embalmed after their deaths, and are located in the Museo de Lujan.
Before your trip, make sure your testament is updated!

I have been doing a similar thing ... have travelled from the USA, through Central America to Colombia where I bought my bike and have ridden it to Chile and will head to BA shortly ...

Here is a link to my blog http://www.zoominwitheden.com

My advice is do the trip you will love it my Spanish isn't that crash hot but I get by!!

Have only had problems with bad petrol on my trip thats it...

Do you ride bikes?

Back