Move Joe On The Chess Board Of Life

Should Joe go to Colonia to avoid going over 90 days?

• Yes

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • No Opinion, Joe, can go to hell as far as I care!

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

Joe

Registered
I'm close to 90 days on my tourist stamp. I am debating whether to go to Colonia on Tuesday. I have two overstay stamps in my passport. There have been postings in the past that three strikes and your out (in regards to overstays). I am clearly not a "perma-tourist" as I often spend six months to a year out of Argentina over the last five years I have been coming here. But I will be very close to 180 days over the last year of being in Argentina.

Based on the poll results I will or will not go to Colonia - so vote as if you were voting for the President.

Another question. I have two passports. When they take fingerprints, is their system sophisticated enough to match your first passport and the associated fingerprint to your other passport. If you tried using a second passport if you were denied based of the three strikes would they let you in?

Joe, there you go. Apple and Sony time back in the states.No need to wait for couriers. Miami is hovering around 85's into the season !

I got 3 overstay stamps plus spend most time of the year here. Yes, depending on the immigration agent, they look angry, ask stupid questions, give you verbally shit about "this is the last time you overstay, bla bla" and still let you through - I can imagine anything else would involve filling out a ton of forms and thus a later mate break which is not acceptable. Also, many agents just don't say anything.
Regarding the finger prints: technically it would be super easy to consolidate all of your data across several passports, but I doubt this is how it works... As the Malaysia airplane crash showed, even security relevant data like the interpol files aren't even cross-checked and given the quality of other government systems here, I have a hard time imagining that they spent significant resources to have a good, working system.

Reactions: Joe
Don't remember exact number, but I had paid the overstay fine at least 4 times without any problems before normalising my status. I was screamed at once, but that was in Mendoza with a guy who seemed to have too much time on his hands.

Having been satisfied that he'd quite finished in his patriotic duty in berating me for abusing his country's laws, he proceeded to explain me the attitude of Mendoza to Chile (quite confused - he loves being able to buy anything there, and basically their compass points more towards Santiago than Buenos Aires. But the Chileans can never be forgiven their traitorous behaviour for not having helped Argentina during the Falklands War. Never mind that Argentina made no secret of planning to attack Chile next. Whatever).

Joe sorry I voted yes before reading your post clearly. So take one of the yes votes (mine) and move it to no.

Just in case this is what you're thinking, I don't think you can use your alternative passport for, let's say, returning to Argentina from Uruguay.

You have to stamp in and out of other countries that you're traveling in with the same passport. I believe that the only time you can 'start fresh' is when you go back to the states or the country of the other passport and then leave again. I enter Arg on a Euro passport and every time I go to the states, I return there with my USA passport and it never gets an entry stamp (although I used to when I was returning from a country from which I had stamped out using the USA passport).

When I leave the states to come back here, they ask if I've paid my reciprocity fee and I show the my Euro passport and they wave me through. I think if I DID pay the reciprocity fee though, I could enter Arg on my US passport if I wanted to, but only coming from the USA. (By the way, my USA passport has no Argentina entry/exit stamps so I'm curious about the finger prints thing too).

Reactions: Joe
Based on the poll results and The Wisdom of Crowds theory I will not go to Uruguay to get a passport stamp.

Thank you for your consideration! :D

In case your reentry does get denied, I will announce you as the first pawn sacrifice on the chess board of life ;)

Back