Move out sale ! All furniture

Mariel S.

Registered
Hi, my name is mariel. I currently live in buenos aires but i'm moving back to de u.s.. I'm selling a lot of furniture that was brought from the states. Is anybody interested in buying anything?

Perhaps you should list the things that you are selling. It's hard to just say we want to buy furniture without knowing what it is exactly.

Thank you ! I just joined and is starting to learn how this works. I will make a list soon and can also send and email with pictures and prices of everything i'm selling. Thanks again !!

You can upload a list here to the forum or create a facebook album or Picasa album to list what you are selling. I've seen people do that quite a few times.

Moving back to "de" US? "Move out" sale?

I suggest great caution to all members who might go to an unknown location (with cash) to buy something from someone who has never posted before and doesn't write like someone from the US.

I got a bad vibe here (and I hope I'm wrong).

If any other ("established") members can vouch for the OP that would help.

Otherwise I'd be very, very careful.

Mariel S. said:
I just joined and is starting to learn how this works.

In spite of the quick correction, I get emails everyday from African Royalty who use similar syntax.

Mariel S. said:
I'm selling a lot of furniture that was brought from the states.

Anyone is welcome to correct me if this is wrong: If the furniture was brought from the States by a temporary resident, it has to go back or the guarantee required by customs will be forfeited. It can be regularized when permanent residency is granted and then sold or disposed of in any manner the owner desires.

I can vouch for the character of this person, and she is legit. I met her in the US (Los Angeles, CA) many years ago, she is Argentine (American Citizen), she lives here as an resident and citizen and although I am not familiar with customs/immigration laws in this country I would venture to say that the laws that we expats have to live by do not apply to her so she is free to sell her belongings.

Spfly731 said:
I can vouch for the character of this person, and she is legit. I met her in the US (Los Angeles, CA) many years ago, she is Argentine (American Citizen), she lives here as an resident and citizen and although I am not familiar with customs/immigration laws in this country I would venture to say that the laws that we expats have to live by do not apply to her so she is free to sell her belongings.
Yes this is true. An AR citizen can bring their household and belongings duty free if they have lived off shore for 2 years or more.

Spfly731 said:

Now it all makes sense. When she Mariel she was "currently living in buenos aires" and was "moving back to de U.S." it didn't sound like she was a U.S. citizen but might be trying to create that image. It's good to know she's legit. Thanks, Spfly!

Good luck on your sale, Mariel. I hope you have any easy transition back!

Back