Moved here from NYC!

girlathepub

Registered
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name's Kristine and I moved here from NYC (Queens, to be exact) about 6 weeks ago. I'm here for a few months working as an English teacher.

I love eating and trying new cuisines, so if anyone has any good restaurant suggestions (especially for Asian and Middle Eastern places -- those are my faves!), I'd appreciate it if you send them my way! ;)

Cheers,
Kristine

the area called canning on and around scalabrini ortiz near gorriti and cabrera has lots of middle eatern restaurants, food and spice shops, and the great confiteria damasco and confiteria armenia. just walk around there, and around the side streets. also a little hole-in-the-wall on guemes a block from scalabrini ortiz (i don't remember which way)

you should go to Bi Won (Junín 548) for korean food. it is kind of sketchy from the outside, but it is super good. if you go with 4 people, ask to get "a mix of everything" and they will bring you a ton of good dishes. it is spicy and many dishes are vegetarian. plus, it is not super expensive like a lot of asian restaurants.

Hey, I am new in town too, originally from the east coast USA but more recently living in California. Would you want to go explore some restaurants, etc some time? I literally know no one in town but make friends pretty quickly. If so, drop me a line.

jenh said:
Hey, I am new in town too, originally from the east coast USA but more recently living in California. Would you want to go explore some restaurants, etc some time? I literally know no one in town but make friends pretty quickly. If so, drop me a line.
Hi Jen,see "Frinks" Thread to meet up tomorrow night:) regards, Howard

Hey all... I, too, just landed yesterday. Don't know a soul and am looking to meet some folks. Fun-loving, educated and artistic from Ashland, Oregon. I'm planning to attend the meet-up tomorrow. See ya there?

Eric
[email protected]

Salsero said:
Hey all... I, too, just landed yesterday. Don't know a soul and am looking to meet some folks. Fun-loving, educated and artistic from Ashland, Oregon. I'm planning to attend the meet-up tomorrow. See ya there?

Eric
[email protected]
great stuff Eric and a warm welcome to BA.put your drinking cap on tomorrow night:eek:

I've also recently arrived from NYC for a few months and enthusiastic to continue exploring interesting cuisine--and interesting comraderie--in BsAs (especially with a spicy, vegetarian bent), but unavailable for the event tonight. Might we plan a group lunch at Bi Won, which sounds fantastic? Maybe for lunch on Monday, Nov 15? Open to other venues or dates that people want to propose, and look forward to connecting! Sanda

Back