Moving a moderate amount of money out of Argentina

pbjosh

Registered
Hello all,

Since the cepo my partner and I are accumulating a reasonable amount of pesos though nothing crazy. We can certainly use a cueva, buy dollars or Euros, and carry the money out of the country from time to time in legal amounts.

Are there any Transferwise/Xoom/Western Union type options, or transfers via a cueva, or the like, that result in better exchange rates and thus more net dollars or Euros outside of Argentina? I assume there are not but was hoping to check with the collective wisdom of the site.

Cheers all!
Josh

Interesting! I know nothing about the Argentine exchange / stock market, but this appears to be an interesting solution and if nothing else looking into it should be educational. Thank you for the link.

Question....how many pesos would you be willing to pay for U.S. dollars delivered to your Paypal account in the U.S?.....just a thought.

I was using transferwise at first but on e the cepo went to 200 they basically stopped working in Argentina. You can buy bonds and buy in pesos and sell in dollars but they sell at the dolar liqui? Rate which is about 30% than the Banco rate. I was getting paid that way for a while and losing 30% of the top sucked.

Back