Moving from U.K. to Argentina

oj77

Registered
Hi,

I currently live in London and am planning to move to San Salvedor de Jujuy with my wife next July/August.

I am trying to find out about getting residency, my wife is Argentine so it shouldn't be a problem but I'm unsure of the best way to go about it.

If I apply through the consulate here will I need to do anything when I arrive? Or would it be better to sort out the paperwork in Argentina?

Also, if anyone has used the consulate can they recommend a translator as the link from the consulate's website isn't very clear.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ollie

Hi Ollie.I moved here 5 years ago,from Nottingham,so a similar situation,Argentine wife etc..I will write more later because I have to go to work now....speak soon,Howard

HowardinBA said:
Hi Ollie.I moved here 5 years ago,from Nottingham,so a similar situation,Argentine wife etc..I will write more later because I have to go to work now....speak soon,Howard

Cool.

Thanks for this.

oj77 said:
I am trying to find out about getting residency, my wife is Argentine so it shouldn't be a problem...

I really got a kick out of the bold part.

:p

Having an Argentine wife doesn't automatically make the process problem free.
My best advice would be to do some homework in the UK first, with the Argentine Consulate being the first port of call. They are very helpful and may save you a lot of time and effort getting docs and Apostilles first before you come here..ie birth, marriage, police certs etc

oj77 said:
Hi,

I currently live in London and am planning to move to San Salvedor de Jujuy with my wife next July/August.

I am trying to find out about getting residency, my wife is Argentine so it shouldn't be a problem but I'm unsure of the best way to go about it.

If I apply through the consulate here will I need to do anything when I arrive? Or would it be better to sort out the paperwork in Argentina?

Also, if anyone has used the consulate can they recommend a translator as the link from the consulate's website isn't very clear.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ollie
hey Ollie.It took me almost 3 years to get DNI documented,,,,so.....hope you,re the patient type:rolleyes:

Back