Moving Home With Argentine Car.

nlaruccia

Registered
I couldn't find anything in the search function about leaving Argentina with an Argentine car except for threads about crossing the border to Chile or Bolivia. Has anyone moved back to their home country across seas and brought their Argentine car with them?

Are you leaving, as well?!

This used to be a forum about people moving TO and living IN, now it is about more and more people moving OUT.

I couldn't find anything in the search function about leaving Argentina with an Argentine car except for threads about crossing the border to Chile or Bolivia. Has anyone moved back to their home country across seas and brought their Argentine car with them?

Where is home? And when you mean Argentine purchased car, if bringing in to the US, is a no go due to safety and smog regulation..
But possible to other parts of the world, such as to the Africas or NZ or AU perhaps?

Unless there is sentimental value, you are better off to sell the car. This Toyota Land Cruiser was only sold in US in 70s, you can get a new one in Argentina I think.
I love to get one to California.

2kljeb.jpg

Hate to contradict to your claim but the LandCruiser depicted above was never sold in the states. That model is for exports to other destinations but to the US..Similar model Yes, but not the one in the nice pic above!

Why would anybody even bother? You can get a better car for less money in most other countries. Unless you want to take home an Uruguayan cachila, it doesn't make any sense (and I'm not sure you can export a cachila anyway).

There is a reason that you can't find anything on this topic. Nobody here is dumb enough to do such a thing.Or even consider it.

There are a few old Citroens or Falcons around here I'd like to take home with me.

There is a reason that you can't find anything on this topic. Nobody here is dumb enough to do such a thing.Or even consider it.
ghost, didn't you bring in a US car over to Argentina? Were you able to legalise or "nationalise: your Lexus GS there in Argentina? I remember you stating that you flipped your car to an Argie car yard?

Back