Moving money within the country

Tilda

Registered
I’m having a conversation with my Argentine mother in law and I can’t believe what she is telling me.
According to her you CAN’T travel with money in cash from the sale of an apartment within Argentina. Even if you have the paperwork.
Is there a law like that?

Anyone who knows?

Hey,

So, I have a friend who hired an armored van to do just that. From what I recall of the story she told me, she was asked for a bunch of paperwork. I can't imagine it was illegal, im pretty sure it was a big bank who organized it all for her. I'll see if I can ask for more details and will update this thread.

In the meantime, someone else here may have a more direct answer for you!

Good luck .

Cheers!

I’m having a conversation with my Argentine mother in law and I can’t believe what she is telling me.
According to her you CAN’T travel with money in cash from the sale of an apartment within Argentina. Even if you have the paperwork.
Is there a law like that?

Anyone who knows?

just do the transaction locally at your bank, if you are the one buying. if you are the buyer, then get your seller to do it at a bank so you can deposit that money right there. otherwise take the risk of being stopped by policed or even robbed at a gun point. i would not take the risk, this country is stupid and even the police can end up confiscating your money.

The discussion started because a mutual friend was told by our local bank that they would not be able to withdraw the money from the bank incase the next seller wanted cash... and she was wondering what to do to be safe.

The bank says that they can’t move that much dollars to our tiny town just for her.

The discussion started because a mutual friend was told by our local bank that they would not be able to withdraw the money from the bank incase the next seller wanted cash... and she was wondering what to do to be safe.

The bank says that they can’t move that much dollars to our tiny town just for her.
Talk to your bank manager, as a customer she has the right to get the money at any branch of her choice, and let him know you will report this incident as you suspect they want her to walk with a stack of cash which is a huge danger ( no bs )

Talk to your bank manager, as a customer she has the right to get the money at any branch of her choice, and let him know you will report this incident as you suspect they want her to walk with a stack of cash which is a huge danger ( no bs )
At the end my husband went with her to the bank. She is elderly and they feel that they shut her down because of that. When he got there with her the manager got all defensive and said that he was already joining the money for her.

There are always alternatives, we sure have one here, but she had all the money declared. She shouldn’t have to go through any kind of hardship, economical or emotional, because a low level manager can’t be bothered to provide a service that is her right.

She was going to take a bus with all the money on her...

Back