Moving to BA for 6 months as birth tourism

Fazza

Registered
Hello everyone,

Me and wife are planning to deliver in BA. Does anyone here have an idea on the hospital costs of normal and caesarean births without insurance since we don’t have any? We’d be reaching there on her 7th month and we are looking to know the costs of delivery and follow ups, preferably in hospitals with English speaking staff.

TIA!

Do your research when she can safely travel during the pregnancy -- the second trimester. There are maternity hospitals in the capital. Public hospitals are for those without the means to pay for luxury care at a private hospital.

Why are you going to arrive so late? Why Argentina? Your wife needs to see a doctor throughout the pregnancy, who she feels comfortable with, and who has followed the development. Caesarean births are scheduled.

I recommend you start with OSDE, a private plan with doctors specializing in obstetrics, many of whom speak English. You can do a search by neighborhood on their site to find doctors to interview when you know where you will be living in the city. http://www.osde.com.ar/index.html#!osde-cartilla-busqueda-especialidad.html Click VER DETALLE for info about the doctor, and languages spoken.

If you want your wife to have the best care available, you will need an experienced obstetrician who does caesarean. It won't cost what it does in the United States, but without medical insurance, you will have a bill to pay. Since you aren't residents, they will probably ask you to pay the doctor and hospital costs in advance.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

We will be arriving late because of my work commitments. We will try to reach on her second trimester though, that’ll be safe.

Do you recommend a doctor to help us get started ?

How many pesos do you think I might have to keep just to make sure I have enough in case we don’t get insurance covered.

A 34-year-old Cubana in my building had a C-section one month ago at a public maternity hospital in Buenos Aires. She could have had the delivery at a private hospital covered by her husband's health plan from work, but she chose to go to http://www.sarda.org.ar/Contactenos All the visits, delivery, and care were without charge. She wanted to have a natural birth, but was unable to, so the C-section was scheduled. She will have months of recovery from the surgery. The baby is doing well.

Back