Moving To Ba For A Couple Months - Best Way To Find Housing?

roguedogue97

Registered
Hey all,

I'll be moving to BA for the months of June and July and will need a place to stay. What's the best way to go about finding a good deal on an apartment or a rented room? Any websites or services I should check out?

Additionally, I'm looking to make any money I can while I'm down in Argentina. Anyone have recommendations for making some cash in BA?

Thanks!

Go Airbnb

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Buenos-Aires--Autonomous-City-of-Buenos-Aires--Argentina?source=hdr&checkin=06%2F01%2F2016&checkout=06%2F30%2F2016&s_tag=Mq3edjJW

That web is overpriced so ridiculously I find it hard to believe it sells. Unless you're happy to pay 3x what it's worth, consider other options, such as the group "Habitaciones en Buenos Aires" on fb or ads in local media.

although airbnb is a good option and I used it to find housing for 6 months, I would recommend using craigslist and contacting realty companies directly. I am not sure what your budget is, however I would recommend checking out some neighborhoods that aren't situated in highly touristy areas. I stayed in Saavedra, a residential neighborhood with nice parks, a few blocks away from the Subte linea D, so it although it was more residential I was able to get around quite easily. Another suggestion, perhaps you could invest in a bike. I saved more money using my bike, got plenty of exercise, was able to see more of the city and avoided the overcrowded subways and buses. It was also a great way to avoid walking alone at night, I felt quite a bit safer on my bike overall and could go virtually anywhere, which helped to open my options for choosing housing.

If you are interested, I could get you in contact with my previous landlord who I had extremely pleasant interactions with and was very reliable.

Back