Moving to BA with 2 small kids...

SarahS

Registered
Hello Everyone,

I am reaching out to this group as we prepare to move to BA at the end of August, in hopes that you all will ease some of my anxieties and offer advice. My husband is there now looking for apartments in Recoleta or Palermo. My children (ages 4 and 6) and I will be there at the end of the month.

I am interested in finding ways for the kids to interact often with other kids and learn the language. I am homeschooling my first grader, and do not want to enroll her in the schools there, due to sporadic travel plans.

We will only be living there until December, but I want to make the most of our time there. I would love to connect with expat families and moms!

Looking forward to the community!
Sarah

Hi!
I'm 21 years old and just moved to Buenos Aires. I too will be here till roughly the end of December. If you at any point need a babysitter, I won't be working while here and would be more than happy/willing to give you and your husband a break. About a year ago I lived in Paris to be a nanny so I have nine months of overseas professional experience. I watched four children (one of which of was 2 years old) for my host family and I babysat on the side for another family of two children (one four & one 10 months). Linguistics is my passion that has driven me to learn French, Filipino, and now Spanish. In a month or so I will be TEFL certified and I am a very patient and thorough teacher. I have been involved and studying art almost my whole life and would be qualified to teach that as well. I'm living in Palermo Soho just near Avenido de Sante Fe so if you ever need help, just let me know. Here's my email if you need to contact me: [email protected]

Cherisse Gray

I was just telling our babysitter here how much I'll miss having some adult time and date nights! I will definitely keep your contact info and maybe we can meet for coffee once we arrive?

Thanks so much, looking forward to meeting you!
Sarah

Hey Sarah,

Just saw your post. My daughter (age 7) is attending a bilingual school until we go back to the States in December, but not many of her classmates are able to speak good English yet, and her Spanish is similarly limited. She'd probably love a playdate with your daughter. Message me if you'd like when you get here and we can work something out.

Best,
A

Hi Sarah,

I just joined this forum and saw your post. We have been living here for a month now and have two daughters (a 4 yr old girl and a baby). I hope you find a nice place to live, and if it happens to be in Recoleta, perhaps we can meet and get the children together.

People here adore children and are always extemely considerate and helpful when you are out and about with them.

Good luck with everything.

Hi we have children's toothpaste that we brought from the United States for sale. They are Colgate 2 in 1 Watermelon flavored. If you are interested, please contact me. You can find more information on my blog. http://bsas-leaving.blogspot.com/ Thanks.

Back