Moving To The Uk - Advice - Surrinder Singh

EnCòrdoba

Registered
Hello,

I just was just hoping that somebody with more knowledge and experience than I may be able to provide any information or advice.

I’ve from UK and my wife is Argentine, we have two children born here in Córdoba where we have lived for the past 6 years.

We’re planning on going to UK for 6 months to see how we go, and then live there long term if we all like it and adapt. We’d be staying with my parents, so would have a permanent address and phone number. I don’t meet the earning requirements for the spouse visa, so realize we’d have to go the "Surrinder Singh" route. My wife’s sister has lived in France for 11 years, so that would probably be the easiest.

UK passport office said that we’d be able to get the kids UK passports when we’re there, and worldbridge said that my wife would be able to enter without a visa for 6 months on a one-way ticket as long as we had the tickets to France booked beforehand.

Does anyone have any information / experience going this route? If we got the children’s passports as soon as we got there, would there be any visa we could apply for from the UK on the basis that she is the wife of a British citizen and mother of two British citizens, and arbitrarily moving to a third country would be disruptive to our children’s school life? (I realize you could say that we’re doing the disrupting by moving, but it seems the only way it can be done.)

Any advice or pointing out glaring holes in my plan that I’ve failed to see would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

I was in the UK 2 months ago (with US Pass). The lines for non-EU are sluggish. And maybe I had bad luck as it seemed they were training some new officers, but they asked every possible paper to the entire line. One guy was in the booth when I got there, and 40 minutes later, when it was my turn, he was just leaving after many phone calls (I'm guessing with his Embassy). There were 10 similar cases to that, but solved sooner, and couple others still not solved when I passed by.
Anyway, if any of you are entering as tourists, you need to have the ticket out on you or there will be some kind of complication.

I think Fahrenheit started a thread on this subject but I can't find it.
It's a bumpy road and we're considering the alternate route as well (I'm British), but it's more long term planning.
Best of luck.

Back