Moving US $ out to anywhere.

ExEXPAT

Registered
We are selling a BA property with an approximate value of US100,000. This money will initially be held in cash in US$ in a Buenos Aires Bank. How can the money be transferred out of the country legally? What is the commission cost? Can it be transferred to an Australian Bank? Or a USA bank? My spouse has Argentinian Citizenship and property is in her name. Is it easier/smoother for an Argentinian or a foreigner to do this? Any referrals to reputable lawyers who can act on our behalf - and can communicate in English would be appreciated. The only legal alternative is to move it out in chunks of $9999. -- which means 5 of us travelling in and out twice and - 10% in air fares if you get a cheap ticket.

Cueva comes to mind. As steve would say, use the wheel on the upper right corner historical search for “moving money outside argentina”. should be lots of options and opportunities. just be careful. your walking into the dark side. you need someone who trust’s you for the referral. 3 to 5 % depending. send 4 installments and wait for results if problems occur. i must be bored with so many posts. ugh

Cueva comes to mind. As steve would say, use the wheel on the upper right corner historical search for “moving money outside argentina”. should be lots of options and opportunities. just be careful. your walking into the dark side. you need someone who trust’s you for the referral. 3 to 5 % depending. send 4 installments and wait for results if problems occur. i must be bored with so many posts. ugh
Cueva? Cage?? Cave?? Steve?? On my page there is no wheel. Thankyou..

A cueva is an unofficial exchange house. In times when the purchase of foreign currency was strictly controlled or not allowed at all they were the only moderately reliable source of USD or other hard currency, and you could get a better exchange rate into pesos than at the banks. Not sure of their role now, presumably slightly better exchange rates than the official, and the transaction (cash only) is anonymous and so invisible to the authorities.

Thanks el rubio. Unless the cueva can move US $ from BA to NY or some other city then they are of no use to us. We just want to move US$ out of Argentina. Thanks for the cueva definition.

Thanks el rubio. Unless the cueva can move US $ from BA to NY or some other city then they are of no use to us. We just want to move US$ out of Argentina. Thanks for the cueva definition.
Send me a private message and I'll send you a contact for a cueva that does international wire transfers.

If it is deposited in a local bank and everything was declared at the time of selling, the cheapest and safest is to use the bank fr an intl transfer. Have you talked to them/? Which bank are you dealing with? A cueva for such a large transfer is risky as you will blindly trust them to pay you. No receipts, etc. Unless you have first hand knowledge of them, be very careful Why can't you use a regular bank for your transfer?

An option is to take it to Uruguay, deposit the money in an Uruguayan bank, and transfer the funds to an USA account.

Send me a private message and I'll send you a contact for a cueva that does international wire transfers.
If it is deposited in a local bank and everything was declared at the time of selling, the cheapest and safest is to use the bank fr an intl transfer. Have you talked to them/? Which bank are you dealing with? A cueva for such a large transfer is risky as you will blindly trust them to pay you. No receipts, etc. Unless you have first hand knowledge of them, be very careful Why can't you use a regular bank for your transfer?

Back