Moving Within A Month, Where To Find Housemates

fromchicago

Registered
Decided I wanted to change up my life a bit and move to Buenos Aires. I've never been there and I don't speak much Spanish... so it'll certainly be an experience. I'd love to meet a young group of people that have available housing in a great location. (Have been doing research, possibly Palermo would be ideal)... I like night life, being close to beach/water.... I've been looking on Craigslist for potential housemates, but I'm open to other suggestions from experienced expats.

Thanks for reading! :D

Hey Chicago, I've been here a week and just wrapped up a big apartment hunt. While I was looking someone offered me a room in a share that they run called Casa Pasco. They sent me photos, it looked very cool but I wasn't looking for a share. They said it's a big house with a number of bedrooms that they rent separately, might be what you're looking for. Her name was Rosario and you can reach her at [email protected]. Good luck! My first week here has been amazeballs (as the kids say). You're going to have a great time.

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it. Where did you decide to move to? And where'd you move from?

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Craigslist is pretty good for flat shares, and as most of them are short term you can change if you don't like it.[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]You do know there is no beach here?[/background]

As others have said if your looking for a beach you will need to go to Mar Del Plata. If your looking for water, you will find a brown river but its probably something you want to be as far away as possible from :p

If your coming down here to get to know the culture, learn spanish and just generally party I would recommend finding shared housing, preferably with some Argentines and if not South Americans. Good luck!

A good place might be Villa Gessel
https://maps.google.com.ar/maps?q=Villa+Gesell,+Buenos+Aires&hl=es&sll=-38.452918,-63.598921&sspn=38.727154,86.044922&oq=villa+gessel&hnear=Villa+Gesell,+Buenos+Aires&t=m&z=13

Back