Mum and baby groups..

Julie2011

Registered
Hi there,
Was hoping that a mum and baby group of English speaking mums happens in Buenos Aires? We live in Puerto Madero and have a little baby girl who was born April 2010 (but 3.5 months premature).

If you can let me know when and where the meetings take place then that would be great..........

Thanks and take care

Julie.

Hello,

I have a 3 year old and a nearly 2 year old. We live in Palermo and I always like meeting new people.

If you are around in Palermo any morning from about 9.30-11ish I would love to meet up in the park (afternoons are busy with nursery for us at the moment).

I am sure that other people will be along to tell you more about groups etc. soon!

Hi Julie, we have a playgroup that meets every Friday (sometimes Mondays) alternating mornings (from 10-12) and afternoons (from 4-6). The group consists of English speaking moms and their babies. The oldest is 2 years old and the youngest is probably around 13-14 months. We typically in rotating homes and generally in Palermo as most of us live in the area. Send me an email here and I can tell you more about it and get you in the group where we send out the weekly invitations and info.

Hello!
I'm also looking for mum/dad & baby groups (we have a 10 month old) and would appreciate any info. Our current place is pretty small even for one baby, so at the moment we're keen on meeting outside or in a bigger, baby-friendly space.

I can't see how to send private messages on here, but can come back and post my email address next time if necessary.

Thanks!

Looking for play date friends for the kids. I have an almost 7 year old daughter and an almost 1 year old son.
I work during the week, so for me weekends are better to meet.
Also, I don't live in Capital so weekdays are impossible..
If anyone is interested we can have a playdate at my house, we have lots of toys, huge trampoline, and a pool.

hi lindsay,
i am interested in your playgroup on Friday afternoons, I have a little boy who is 18 months old and we are always looking for english speaking friends. We are in Palermo...let me know your thoughts and we´ll go from there,
thanks so much,
Olivia

Hi Iwfh,

Saw your Sept post re informal meeting up in the Palermo Park...I'm as USA guy living in Korea for many years n will be staying in San Telmo w wife and 3.3 year old lovely girl for 3 weeks in Jan (as a look-see for early retirement)... Our girl is suffering from lack of playmates as we are on the road (thru tahiti, easter island, santiago and now punta del este) for over 100 days...(tahiti for example has nooooo english-speaking expat kids...given that its a honeymoon place - but we were there for the great diving..;). Hope our kids can meet....

Hi,

January are the holidays in Buenos Aires.

Lots of three year olds will be going to "colonia de vacaciones" for 3 hours/day during this time, either in the morning or the afternoon (but without their parents).

club de amigos or gymboree are a couple of better known options, but a bit ofinternet searching will probably find some more. I don't know San Telmo but often local private pre-schools will have short term programmes for January.

We often go to Plaza Alemania (in Palermo on Libertador and Casares) in the morning or at about 5pm mid-week (it is really hot in the middle of the day in the summer).

It is a nice park and if you head to the swings/toys then there will often be kids around to play with at about these times.

There are lots of other nice parks around as well.

I am away until Jan 10th, then not sure of my plans, but as I said, I always love going to the park so do get in touch once you are here and we would love to meet

Hi Julie2011 and others,

There was a thread started on here last year and a group emerged from there, it's still going and is on FB. I've just been added and can add anyone else who might be interested. I'll drop you a PM Julie2011. I'm not due for another week but it's nice to get in touch with people now anyway.

We have a 5 year old and 18 months baby so looking to meeting new people too and friends for the kids and us. We are argentine, but kids were born in NZ and Australia and we want them to keep English if possible so it would be fantastic. We live in Olivos, but open to travel.

Feel free to send a MP and we can coordinate and share tel numbers.

Cheers,

Max

AlfajorEfi said:
Looking for play date friends for the kids. I have an almost 7 year old daughter and an almost 1 year old son.
I work during the week, so for me weekends are better to meet.
Also, I don't live in Capital so weekdays are impossible..
If anyone is interested we can have a playdate at my house, we have lots of toys, huge trampoline, and a pool.

Back