Music... metal/hardcore/punk/etc

jonf

Registered
I'm looking to meet some people who listen to any type of heavy metal, punk, hardcore punk, and possibly other varieties of heavy or not-so-heavy rock.

I've seen some of the local hardcore bands here like Otra Salida and Nueva Etica and have really been getting into them. I have also seen a bunch of U.S. bands here such as Anthrax, Cro-Mags, Death Before Dishonor, Terror, and H2O. Strife and Sick of it All will be playing shows here soon and I'll be going to those shows as well.

Some other bands I listen to: Biohazard, Agnostic Front, Pantera, Slayer, Poison Idea, Misfits, Pennywise, 7 Seconds, and way too many others to list here.

I will be amazed if I actually hear from anyone with similar musical tastes. Most people hate this stuff.

Jon, I actually grew up around the DC/ Richmond punk/ hardcore scene and was in a few bands back then. I was even straight edge for about 15 minutes in high school and went to a lot of straight edge shows. :)

Some of my old friends I haven't seen in years (Avail crew, Four Walls Falling and Thomas' whose band Strike Anywhere) but I know they're still doing there thing. Dave Brocky the singer of GWAR and Mike Bishop the bassist both went to my HS. They were called Death Piggy back then.

Anyhow, I've seen a lot of those bands you mention. I remember seeing Agnostic Front wayyy back in the day the night before my SATs.

My favorite band live is still probably Bad Brains.

I'd definitely be down with checking out some BA punk/ hardcore shows.

Give me a shout.

You should check out Parque Centenario on Sunday afternoons. Pretty much every single week they have a series of more punk and hardcore bands that play outside the park gates. Since bands play at various points around the park on Sundays (including the annoying roaming drummer groups), I had to look for a map to describe where the most punk/metal bands I've seen play--they are normally in the sector Playón Deportivo (see this map: http://edant.clarin.com/diario/2006/09/12/info39.jpg) one sector down from the skate ramp.

You certainly won't find anything as elaborate as GWAR or as hard core as Poison Idea, but there is a good concentration and variety of punk and metal there. It's a daytime venue though, and the bands are largely amateur so of course it won't be like a "real concert" but there lots of kids flyering for other shows that will happen around town on other days/nights of the week. Anyway, it's fun and free and at the very least always interesting people watching if not good music, too.

Hey, Im into the metal genre. Not so much hardcore, but European metal (Nightwishs, Children of Bodom, Ramnstein and so on). Im not into local heavy metal , but I think it would be cool to share the bands I know and get to know new stuff :)

Although I am not a big fan of most "new" hardcore- I started listening to punk rock in 76, and by 79 or so I was pretty burned out on same ol same ol-
I have been to El Teatro, on Federico LaCroze, and its a great venue to see this type of music.

Its an old movie theater, with two bars, and a lot of head banging goes on there.

Fun place to see bands, its got balconies where you can see it all, and a lively mosh pit to boot.

http://www.elteatroonline.com.ar/home.php?teatro=1

I will definitely check out Parque Centenario. What time do things get going there on Sundays? If anyone wants to join me, let me know!

I've been to El Teatro a few times (both of them actually). I'm really looking forward to seeing Sick of it All there in March. Anyone else going??

Is there a website or two that has a listing for different local bands and showtimes? I'd like to see some shows whilst in BA.

Im more into the melodic side of metal, Maiden FNM. My first love is Megadeth.

Last time I was here I went to see BANE and got tattoed by a guy who's pretty involved in the hardcore show, I'll try to find some info if possible, but in the mean time keep me posted on any shows you guys here about, I'm totally on board...also I saw a bunch of dudes on the street here wearing some hardcore gear the other day, one with a really great STRIFE shirt, the scene here is very straight edge..but in that Syracuse in the Earth Crisis days kind of way haha.

Back