Musician living in Buenos Aires since 2010

michael1977

Registered
Hello there
My name is Michael, and I've been living in Argentina for the past 2 years. I'm from Atlanta, but I really love Buenos Aires. I work as a music teacher in the "conservatorio de musica" and I also have an argentinian girlfriend who's in the musical business too. So if u wanna know about music and/or art in BA, you can ask me :)

Hey Michael,

I just moved to BA, finished a TEFL course, and am now looking for work as an English teacher and a guitarist. Of course, I'd prefer music work (I play jazz and all types of rock & funk), but I'm open to anything.

Was wondering if there are any good jam sessions that you know about. Also, if you have any tips on finding work as a guitar teacher, that would be really helpful as well. Lastly, any places that you know of looking for chill, live music?

One of my best friends just moved here and he is a MEAN sax player...so he'd be playing with me. Let me know if you wanna jam :)

-Daniel

Every Tuesday, "Jam de Jazz" in Ladran Sancho (Guardiavieja 3811 ) 8 pesos.
Every Wednesday (and some Thursdays) there's a rock/blues Jam in Makena (Fitz Roy 1519 - Palermo). Free, no charge. This is the BEST place to rock in BA.

The situation about the teaching is complicated, but you can meet other musicians and producers in those places (Ladran Sancho and Makena)

Now I'm going away for a few weeks but we can jam later :)

See you

Mike

Back