Mvd-Mia Vs Eze-Mia, Any Exp. Flying In-From Montevideo?

jurarol

Registered
I am searching for flights to MIA and i found that flying from Montevideo(MVD) is around $699 and from Ezeiza around $980. Not sure if its worth the hassle, but wanted to know if anybody has any experience flying from Montevideo. Also, as far as bringing electronics and stuff, maybe they are more relaxed there? Any thoughts?

I was thinking of doing this as well. I think if you buy a one way with Colonia express to Montevideo using blue rate pesos, you could come out ahead. You just have to factor in the day or more travel time from here to MVD.

As to electronics, leaving shouldn´t be an issue from either airport.

the hassle you may have is getting to and from the airport . Mvd airport is on the other side of the city from the port and you could be looking at close to 50usd for a txi.

Uruguayan customs are generally fine - but the same rules apply as in Ezeiza - ie its best to have new electronics out of the box and looking a bit used

I am searching for flights to MIA and i found that flying from Montevideo(MVD) is around $699 and from Ezeiza around $980. Not sure if its worth the hassle, but wanted to know if anybody has any experience flying from Montevideo. Also, as far as bringing electronics and stuff, maybe they are more relaxed there? Any thoughts?

Add the BQB plus taxi to Carrasco airport which may run US$ 150 or more ...!! Savings small
Rather buy the ticket in pesos Ezeiza/ Miami, bigger savings.

there are busses from tres cruces terminal, closed to the port, that go to carrasco airport, I think within half an hour, very cheap

there are busses from tres cruces terminal, closed to the port, that go to carrasco airport, I think within half an hour, very cheap

but if you are carrying bags , public transport is difficult to use

but if you are carrying bags , public transport is difficult to use

Not so much. You take a taxi from the port to Tres Cruces, then you take the bus there (Cot or Copsa mainly), and then you arrive to the airport. And if you want to make it chepear, you can take the BQB to Colonia and bus to Tres Cruces.

Back