My Experience W Aerolineas Argentinas

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
I flew to Aerolineas Argentinas to San Rafael last week for business. Though I was expecting a complete disaster it turned out to be only a moderate disaster:

1. They have new Embraer 190 ERJ's from Brasil. These are very nice regional jets. Comfortable, lots of leg and arm room. The onboard service was sufficient for a 90-minute flight; box snacks and drinks - that's more than I get on American. The only issue I had was the flight attendant who managed to step over trash in the aisle not once but 3 times. I chalked that up to a cultural blind spot.

2. The terminal at Aeroparque is still under expansion. They definitely need more eating areas once inside the secure zone. We boarded the shuttle bus and were dispatched to our aircraft only to be returned to the terminal for a 40-minute delay. Not sure if it would have been easier just boarding the aircraft and waiting the 40 minutes.

3. The flight to SR was uneventful including the excellent 20-knot cross-wind landing. I was impressed.

4. The flight from SR back to BA was cancelled. They were saying it was system problems back at Aeroparque. We bused to Mendoza and then flew back from there. Unfortunately, we were not able to get on the earlier flight and flew the later one. Total travel time from SR - Mendoza - Aeroparque was 9.5 hours. That was a hassle.

If it wasn't for the cancelled flight which my SR colleague says rarely happens it would have been a very good experience.

GS

I fly Aerolineas 4 times a month, I have experienced it all. The bad wrap is because of their inability to keep flights on time and avoid cancellations. The actual service isn't too bad. The pilots seem decent enough with no major accidents recently. I like the Embraers, nice planes.

I know you mentioned you were on business - but did you have some time for sightseeing while you were there? Valle Grande with the Cañon del Atuel is beautiful. We go there for long weekends sometimes. Rent a cabin, do some hiking ... nice place.

I fly Aerolineas 4 times a month, I have experienced it all. The bad wrap is because of their inability to keep flights on time and avoid cancellations. The actual service isn't too bad. The pilots seem decent enough with no major accidents recently. I like the Embraers, nice planes.

No, they only run into each other on the ground at Aeroparque (though it's LAN's fault, obviously).

I know you mentioned you were on business - but did you have some time for sightseeing while you were there? Valle Grande with the Cañon del Atuel is beautiful. We go there for long weekends sometimes. Rent a cabin, do some hiking ... nice place.

Haven't had much time to sight see but thanks for the suggestion for when I do.

GS

Back