My stolen iPhone is being sold on mercadolibre!

LC222

Registered
My missing iPhone is being sold on mercadolibre!! I know it's mine because it has very distinct scratches on the back and you can clearly see them on the photo that was posted on mercadolibre. Is there anything I can do??? They are selling it for $1600!!! :mad:

LC222 said:
My missing iPhone is being sold on mercadolibre!! I know it's mine because it has very distinct scratches on the back and you can clearly see them on the photo that was posted on mercadolibre. Is there anything I can do??? They are selling it for $1600!!! :mad:

1600 pesos only? thats cheap!

It got stolen on the street at knife point?

Ceviche said:
1600 pesos only? thats cheap!

It got stolen on the street at knife point?

No, nothing that interesting. I dropped it, someone grabbed it and ran away.

LC222 said:
someone grabbed it and ran away.

Right in front of your eyes?

I mean you dropped it on the street. Someone came running, picked it up and ran away?

you could buy it, hire a bodyguard, and have him take it back by force when you meet...or not.

Ceviche said:
Right in front of your eyes?

I mean you dropped it on the street. Someone came running, picked it up and ran away?

Yes. I dropped it and the person behind me picked it up and ran away.

click buy - you will see their phone number and details, then you call them and tell them you are going to report them to mercado libre (everyone has to register with their dni) or you can post it in the "preguntas"

no - click buy, arrange a "public meeting place" and then show up with the police

Heather G said:
click buy - you will see their phone number and details, then you call them and tell them you are going to report them to mercado libre (everyone has to register with their dni) or you can post it in the "preguntas"

I totally forgot about the DNI thing. I'm not sure if contacting the police would help though or if they would be able to do anything.

Do you have any papers/receipts with your name and the serial number of the phone?

If not, it's doubtful that you could actually do anything about this (legally) even if the police wanted to help.

Please post a link to the listing on mercadolibre. I'll ask the seller if they have any paperwok for the phone.

Back