My Wife is pregnant. Looking for good private hospital.

Ammar

Registered
Good day every 1.
i'm planning to travel to Argentina in Feb.2022 for deliver my twin babies back home in BA.
i've been living abroad all my life. so i have zero info on how much it cost to deliver twins at a private hospital in BA ?
and if some you recommend a certain good private hospital ?
and if the hospitals accept certain international health insurances ?
i appreciate your answers in advance.
Gracias.

Does your wife have a health insurance? Prepaga? Something? No insurance will cover her if she buys a plan after getting pregnant.
That being said, medical costs here are generally not extremely high compared to say US.
Hospital Aleman is decent bet. Start from there call and ask for the cost but there are MANY other options.

Does your wife have a health insurance? Prepaga? Something? No insurance will cover her if she buys a plan after getting pregnant.
That being said, medical costs here are generally not extremely high compared to say US.
Hospital Aleman is decent bet. Start from there call and ask for the cost but there are MANY other options.
My daughter was born in Hospital Aleman and everything was well organised and my wife was well looked after, we had a private room for when daughter was a bit jaundiced and had to stay in couple of nights

The Hospital Aleman, and Mater Dei, are good places.

The Hospital Italiano is top rated here. As a teaching hospital, it is best equipped to deal with complications, should there be any.

All of them accept AETNA and CIGNA health insurance, plus others as well. Check their websites for "Pacientes del exterior".

Best of luck to you and your wife....!

Last edited:
HA does. You have to pay a fine and hire the most expensive plan for 12 months.

And here is a novel idea for you who will become the father of twins..........assuming you have dollars. This happened to me at Hospital Aleman. I had smacked my head on something....so the emergency room would only take pesos up to about $100 and then insisted that I use my credit card after that. Which I did. The second time, though, I talked to the office and said I insisted on paying in pesos, which they accepted (blue pesos). So the point is...try to make arrangements wherever you go to pay in pesos, cash. Some won't let you.

And here is a novel idea for you who will become the father of twins..........assuming you have dollars. This happened to me at Hospital Aleman. I had smacked my head on something....so the emergency room would only take pesos up to about $100 and then insisted that I use my credit card after that. Which I did. The second time, though, I talked to the office and said I insisted on paying in pesos, which they accepted (blue pesos). So the point is...try to make arrangements wherever you go to pay in pesos, cash. Some won't let you.
You can deposit them at atm in pesos.

I highly appreciate all ur answers amigos.
My wife has insurance covering delivery where we live but not covering Argentina.
So most likely I will be paying in US$.
I've been told that it will cost 5K or 7.5K for twins.
Any idea about the cash cost?

Back