N00b, just landed in Salta

Frinkiac7

Registered
I know this is a BA forum, but my quick Google perusal suggests it’s the most active expat forum for the entire country. I don’t mean to butt in by not being in BA, but if anyone happens to be in the Northwest or can point me toward any other expats up here, I’d really appreciate it. It would be great to touch base with anyone (if there is anyone on the forum who is here).

Thanks!

hey frinkaic. best of luck in Salta, it's a wonderful place and i hope you have a great time. i can't help you with any contacts out there, i just wanted to let you know that the most accepted definition of peruse is to browse carefully.

http://www.google.com.ar/search?hl=...e&sa=X&ei=AiwOTInnMc-wuAeD0omuDQ&ved=0CBAQkAE

many people commonly misuse it! it's definition is actually even being reconsidered since people understand the meaning to look over quickly. very confusing since how can two definitions which mean polar opposite things be accepted? anyways, it's a strange topic. just wanted to let you know.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/peruse

again, best of luck in salta. you've made the right choice making your way to argentina. i hope my suggestion of the different meaning of peruse hasn't offended you.

You can hang out here! :D In no time you'll be our resident Salta expert. Welcome!

Thanks for the replies. I did come across Leigh's blog but wasn't able to get in contact with her at all.

I will try to check in periodically if my eventual growth of Salta knowledge can be of any help to anyone.

Thanks again all.

Hi Frinkiac and anyone else here.

Did you try e-mailing me through my blog? There's a contact page there with just about every way to get in touch with me.

In the meantime, feel free to e-mail [email protected].

I'm happy to provide any information I can.

Hey,

I am also an ex-pat living in Salta (for 5 years now). Happy to provide any information/help out with anything I can. I am a bit of hurry atm but provided some basic info in a couple of other posts.

Edit - added email: thomas at blackfishweb dot com

Cheers,

-Thomas-

Really dug into the vault to resurrect this thread, huh?

I stayed in Salta for about a year from this post, went back and forth a few times after that but haven't been back all of 2012 unfortunately. I am back living/working in the states now but am angling to head back for a few months in early Sept.

Ah, didn't even notice the date of the original post, just saw there was a reply today. Anyway, info left for future salta expats :)

Back