Need A Power Of Attorney Notarized By A Usa Notary

sgibson123

Registered
we are selling our home here in the US.. I have a POA for myself but my husband now needs one and it must be notarized by a US notary..

any place other than the consulate??

thanks!!

I haven't tried this myself but shouldn't you be able to have a signature witnessed by an escribano and then given an apostille by the colegio de escribanos.

I haven't tried this myself but shouldn't you be able to have a signature witnessed by an escribano and then given an apostille by the colegio de escribanos.

When we were applying for a line of credit (second mortgage) on our California house, I was in Chile and the bank would only accept a POA from an official US source - in this case, the consulate in Santiago.

I'm going to tone down my hedging, still haven't done this myself but I just remembered that I've seen it done successfully several times before.

Just curious, what is wrong with using the embassy here? I have had things notarized in us embassy in other countries with no problems.

The problem with the embassy here is that they perform very limited services for US citizens. Never could understand how they could have such a large operation and do so little for the actual citizens living here. I guess I don't understand what other things they do (aside from granting visas to people wanting to visit,)

The problem with the embassy here is that they perform very limited services for US citizens. Never could understand how they could have such a large operation and do so little for the actual citizens living here. I guess I don't understand what other things they do (aside from granting visas to people wanting to visit,)

They're pretty good on POAs, but I find it incomprehensible that the US cannot maintain a larger network of consulates such as the Brits (and many other countries) do (in Argentina and elsewhere).

Back