Need A Us Cell Phone Number (Us Bank Related)

nativexpat

Registered
Hello all,

Have not written/participated in ages. I am fully settled and no longer feel like an expat, but I still need your advice :)

Short version: I live in BA and need a US cell phone number to receive text messages from my US bank.

Long version below:

On my last trip to the US, I opened a Bank of America account. I had always used Citi and never had a problem with bank transfers.

Back in BA, I tried transferring money with my new BofA account and what a pain! I need to enter a code that they send to a US cell phone (which I don't have) OR order a Safe Pass card. The Safe Pass card is out of the question for now, so I thought of getting a US cell phone line just to get those silly codes sent by text message.

I am flying out to ATL soon and planning to get a chip that allows me to receive text messages here.

So the question is, if I get a SIM card at Best Buy for example, can I charge credit online? How does it work?

Thank you thank you thank you!

I'm using Google Voice too. It sends me with a transcript of voice messages.
I'm not sure about SMS messages.

ATT wifi calling, best thing since sliced bread for receiving text messages, voice calls ...... when out of the country: USA.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-enable-at-t-wi-fi-calling-on-ios-9/

Back