Need anything taken back to the States or Canada?

legilber

Registered
Hi everyone!

My boyfriend and I are heading home for the holidays (first to Canada and then the States) and wanted to see if anyone needed stuff taken back. Obviously we'd want to be able to see what exactly you're sending back (ie no illegal substances please). Clothes and gifts would be ideal :)

We'll be first flying into Toronto and after New Years my argentine will be coming back to BsAs and I'll be heading to Indianapolis/Chicago.

I'll be back in February so let me know if you want anything from the states as well!

Cheers!

Haha after two years here, I'm afraid the good guy is gone... There'd obviously be a fee involved..

It's not about the fee. People often get trapped into carrying dope. And well Latin American neither US nick is a fun place to be

Lots of people end up being mules without even knowing it

From a 41 year veteran of airline flying (recently retired pilot) you never, never, never, ever (how many times can I say it) take anything, for anyone, across any border, anywhere, at any time.

Only exception is if you hold the item in your hand and pack it yourself ... but then the little figurine (or whatever it may be) may have been hollowed out and contain something you shouldn't be carrying. I've seen dogs pick up on the scent of sweaters that had been soaked in drugs, toothpaste tubes that weren't, false bottom water bottles, souvenir bags of coffee that tried and failed to cover up the scent of weed, the list goes on.

I've seen it all. Therefore .... never, never, never, ever, etc .... you get my point I'm sure.

And offering to carry something, for people you don't know, for a fee, on an internet chat site .... WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ????

Yes yes, I know. I've taken things back before for friends of friends and we've even gone as far as going with them to buy the item at the store.

So thanks for the advice!

There are no friends in such cases

@Mike I got over 30 flights from South America to the States, Europe and Australia since second half of 90's. There wasn't a single flight without someone getting busted. If you flown from Jamaica to the UK, you'd know that sometimes entire planes are sent back

I'm pretty sure at Minimimo (kids clothing store) they're not selling sweaters soaked in drugs... Then again, I could be wrong!!

It's sad to see someone being chastised for offering to do something nice. I understand the warnings but the tone just seems a bit off...

Reactions: Bv3
Back