Need assortment of books, lots.

Matt84

Registered
Hello. I might have to spend some time out of the city in a couple of weeks and I'm out of books. Need and will buy second-hand editions of:

- Anything History, the older the book the better.
- Anything politics, but it's gotta be either dirt cheap or libertarian-oriented.
- Following authors: Mises, Hayek, Dawkins, anything law and economics, vernor vinge, john stossel, Isabel PAterson
-Chrichton: The Hot Zone, Andromeda Strain, or any bioterror fiction
-Atlases and maps of anywhere and anytime. I collect them, so don't throw them away.
and
- The Classics of English and Russian Literature

I almost sent you a list of books, until I noticed the political books you were asking for were "libertarian-oriented" instead of "liberal-oriented"! That would have been quite the mistake!

Matt84 said:
Hello. I might have to spend some time out of the city in a couple of weeks and I'm out of books.

Where out of the city? There are some absolutely brilliant book markets out there. Santiago and La Paz come immediately to mind. Maybe you can find some good stuff to read where you are going?

Matt84 said:
- Anything politics, but it's gotta be either dirt cheap or libertarian-oriented.
- Following authors: Mises, Hayek, Dawkins, anything law and economics, vernor vinge, john stossel, Isabel PAterson
-Chrichton: The Hot Zone, Andromeda Strain, or any bioterror fiction

Kudos for your commitment to reading as a way of life, but shame on you for including a giant like Dawkins among that group of libertarian-lizard goofballs. The bone in Hayek's head is so big I can almost see it from here. Why not read a couple of books about market failure, collective action problems, and the political (rather than natural) basis of individual rights before indulging the pandering nonsense of a silly media-generated paper tiger like Stossel? Scratch the surface and you'll soon see that libertarianism is nothing more than self-gratifying ideology stopped short of either coherence or efficacy in the real world. Let me know if you want a reading list.

Back