Need help with my spousal visa

mayra_seattle

Registered
Hello,
I'm a US citizen who applied for a spousal visa for my husband. All my paperwork has been approved so far until now. We are still in need of his Argentine police/prison records. I had previously emailed the embassy regarding directions on how to obtain it. They instructed us to go to the Policia Federal de Argentina. We got the document and also the antecedentes penales from the registro de las personas. Sent it in, still not acceptable. Along with my husband's birth certificate, marriage certificate were not accepted. If anyone is a lawyer and can help us, or someone who has gone through the process, it would be great. I'm currently pregnant and on a time frame to get back to the US.

If you need to get back to the US fast, he can enter on a tourist visa which can be renewed for up to 6 months until you work out the other stuff.

If you need to get back to the US fast, he can enter on a tourist visa which can be renewed for up to 6 months until you work out the other stuff.

I was wondering if there would be an easier visa.. was told that since he's my husband I'd have to file for the spousal visa from the get-go.

Don't you have an immigration lawyer in the US working on your case?

A few things:
  • An apostille is generally not required for such a petition.
  • Traveling to the US as a tourist while having a pending immigration petition is not necessarily a good idea, I would check with a good lawyer first.
  • I can give you a reference to a top-notch US immigration attorney. PM me for details.

You really need a good immigration lawyer in the US. You can make mistakes doing it on your own.

Back