Need Mri/cat Scan, Immediately

Lulu-Kyoko

Registered
My friend from Canada and is having unexplained health issues. The symptoms appear to be neurological (dizziness, slurred speech, etc). She would like to have an MRI and CAT scan done, immediately. She is willing to pay cash.

We are both completely ignorant of the Argentinian health care system.

Any ideas about where to go?

My friend from Canada and is having unexplained health issues. The symptoms appear to be neurological (dizziness, slurred speech, etc). She would like to have an MRI and CAT scan done, immediately. She is willing to pay cash.

We are both completely ignorant of the Argentinian health care system.

Any ideas about where to go?

For MRI, try the Clínica Fleni (http://www.fleni.org.ar/), which treated me great. I presume they do CT scans as well.

For MRI, try the Clínica Fleni (http://www.fleni.org.ar/), which treated me great. I presume they do CT scans as well.

Earlier this year, I had a CT scan among other tests at FLENI. The service was excellent. My doctor in BsAs considers it the best place in Argentina for neurology.

As Bajo mentioned, your friend will need to see a physician before getting any tests done, but they should be able to help her with that as well.

Earlier this year, I had a CT scan among other tests at FLENI. The service was excellent. My doctor in BsAs considers it the best place in Argentina for neurology.

As Bajo mentioned, your friend will need to see a physician before getting any tests done, but they should be able to help her with that as well.

Mine was orthopedic rather than neurological, but still superb doctor and images.

I don't know what part of the city you're in but don't rule out Hospital Britanico.
They have top notch doctors. A lot of local celebrities go there.
They have a Neurological Dept. with CT scan service.
http://www.hospitalbritanico.org.ar/web/es/pacientes/especialidades-y-cuerpo-medico.
Does your friend have numbness on the left side of her body ?
Does her face show droopiness one one side over the other ?
Could be very serious. Keep us posted on the results.

My father in law goes to Fleni... it's a good hospital. There's lots of good private hospitals.

I would head to the ER, tell them the symptoms and see what they suggest. I'm not sure how much an ER visit will be out of pocket, but the symptoms do sound serious and I would go as soon as possible.

Do take your friend to an ER asap. Hospital Aleman, Hospital Britanico, Hospital Italiano, Fleni, Instituto del Diagnostico y Tratamiento they are all excellent

Fleni is an excellent and well respected hospital I think you might need a doctor's order to get an MRI. Maybe in the ER you an get a doctor to give you one and take it t Flemming.

We took her to Otamendi on Saturday night when the symptoms were really bad. She had to pay 10,000 pesos for a deposit and then paid $800 USD (on a Canadian credit card) for the tests. The doctors did not even think that she was suffering any kind of neurological disorder, despite the fact that she was slurring and could barely stand, almost fainting, pupils were dilated, etc.

Instead, they assumed that she was intoxicated somehow, possibly drugged. So they tested her for cocaine, among other things. A $200 USD test, by the way, that was probably unnecessary considering she is not a cokehead nor did she have the symptoms of suffering a cocaine induced overdose.

The doctor's also hypothesized that she had been drugged at the Friday afternoon milonga at Confiteria Ideal. We tried to explain that the milonga is like a senior citizen's convention and that it was highly unlikely that an 80 year old milonguero would be interested in spiking her drink…

She is now at Hospital Italiano. Thank you for all of your help!

Back