Need Spanish Class Advice Or Other Beginner To Take

USmom

Registered
So, I am home with my 2 little boys but can arrange a babysitter often enough to take Spanish classes twice a week. The problem is the cost. I looked into Vamos and there it is $25 US and hour. That adds up pretty quick, seeing as each class is 2 hours. If there was at least one other beginner interested in taking with me we could do one of their classes called "Mas Spanish Course" - which caters to beginners who can't do the 20 hour a week am group classes that meet everyday. Or we could do semi-private and that would cut the cost down to $16. If you are a beginner like me please contact me. OR if you have advice on other lessons, please contact me.

My Spanish history--I learned Spanish about 6 years ago in the Dominican Republic, where I lived for 3 months. I was with my husband who is fluent, so I didn't get totally immersed as I had him to help get around, etc. That is still the situation here as well. However, I can very basically describe who I am, where I am from, why I am here, take a taxi, etc. I am totally rusty with my verb conjugations and my instruction in the DR was quite poor, so I don't think I even learned back then correctly.

I am mostly doing this for self-enrichment as we will not be here long (just 3 more months) and to get around in basic life better and not irritate the locals so much. In my home we are French/ English bilingual as my husband is a native French speaker.

Thanks as always,
Cindy

There are plenty of Spanish teachers that would charge much less than that, but they would most likely come to your home or you would have to meet in a cafe. Try craigslist or even posting a thread on the other board here, for expat concerns.

Hi Cindy,

If you want to chat using skype I'd be happy to oblige. I spend a lot of time at home and would be happy to help. Can probably use your french to help you with your spanish.

I have an idea you may find useful. PM me if you haven't found something yet.

Yep US mom you will get cheaper (and just as good of quality, maybe better) for that. My teacher is excellent, well qualified (has a degree in lenguas plus years of experience) and charges me 100 pesos an hour, which even then is a little pricey (but luckily my company pays).

I am sure you can find cheaper through here and that is also well qualified.

Hello, I have a similar need, but longer term. Looking for someone to do private lessons. I am ok on the street, but need help with conjugations, vocab, and speaking in more than fragments and grunts :) Please reply or PM with suggestions.

Thanks!

Look in classifieds lessons with Spanish in Cafés. We are providing free trial initial lessons tomorrow due to the celebrations of the "Day of the Cafes" in Buenos Aires.
Regards,
Juan

Anyone looking for a reasonably priced, excellent Spanish teach MUST try ADRIANA CROM. I have been working with her twice a week since February and she is wonderful. Tons of expats who come on this site have used her and everyone likes her very much.

Her schedule is very flexible and she is easily accessible in Recoleta. She charges 60 pesos for an hour and a half so I don't think you're going to find much better than that. Besides her prices though, she really knows what she's doing. She has 30 years teaching experience and can help everyone from absolute beginners to advanced, fluent speakers who would like to practice speaking more colloquially. Definitely worth reaching out to her for one lesson to see if it will work for you. First one is free:)

Her email is [email protected]

Sara

Back