Need transportation and hotel

johnk827

Registered
Hi Folks,
My wife and I are flying into BsAs from Antigua, Guatemala this coming Monday night (29th) at around 9:30 pm on our way to establish our new life in Bariloche. We just received our Retiro Visa in Houston and have the paperwork to turn in to immigration upon our arrival - don't know what that entails - maybe that late at night immigration will not let us deal with the paperwork and we may have to go back on Tueday morning???

Anyway, we need to get to a hotel and will need to spend a couple of nights in BsAs. Can anybody recommend transportation and a hotel (reasonably priced).
Thanks,
John and Anita

When you walk through after you picked up your suitcases, look on your right hand side for the TAXI EZEIZA stand. They charge 98 AR$ / 27USD for ride to the city centre. They have friendly drivers and modern cars. I use them every single time I arrive at Ezeiza.

Second the recommendation for Hotel Home in Palermo Hollywood. I have not stayed there, but we had friends visiting from the States last week, and they stayed there. They raved about it unequivocally. They were paying something like 170 USD a night, but from their description, they had a superior room. They also used the hotel's airport transfer service to get back and forth from the airport, and said it was fine.

Isn't that also where the Bush daughters stayed when they were here? Maybe not.

HDM said:
Isn't that also where the Bush daughters stayed when they were here? Maybe not.

Yep, that's what the hotel staff said. They stayed in the villa opposite the main hotel on the other side of the pool.

Hey guys (and anyone else)

If you don't need to be in the middle of town, I have several rooms available for a WHOLE lot less then those hotels.

I live in Vicente Lopez (just outside of Belgrano/Nunez) in the house that used to be the residence of the Russian Ambassador to Argentina. I have two really nice rooms available (including the "penthouse" on the top floor), both quiet and with private bathrooms, for less then $100/night.
There are also two smaller rooms available for $50/night if you're really on a budget.
Wireless internet and kitchen "privileges" with any room.

I don't need a deposit, just your arrival date, and if you get here and decide not to stay I'll help you find somewhere else at no charge.
I can co-ordinate with Fred to get you here if you'd like.

There are some pictures of the house at www.terrazadelnorte.com

Best Regards,

David

That is a great-looking property, and with such an interesting history. Next time we have guests who cannot stay with us, I'll send them to Terraza del Norte. I've bookmarked the site so I don't forget. (It looks actually walkable -- maybe half an hour -- from where we live near the Hippodrome and Polo Field.)

HDM said:
That is a great-looking property, and with such an interesting history. Next time we have guests who cannot stay with us, I'll send them to Terraza del Norte. I've bookmarked the site so I don't forget. (It looks actually walkable -- maybe half an hour -- from where we live near the Hippodrome and Polo Field.)

Thanks!

I think that although you could walk from the Hippodromo, it might be just a little further then you're thinking. You could always bail in Belgrano and grab the 29 bus

Quicker to grab the (Tigre) train at Lisandro de la Torre and get off 3 or 4 stops later at Rivadavia or Vicente Lopez (the house is pretty much equi-distant from those two stations.)

Saludos,

David

Back