Netflix

eschal

Registered
Does anybody use Netflix here in Buenos Aires? Is it the same as in the States?

I was a member when it first came to Argentina, but after a couple of weeks the selection was so limited, cable movies were more impressive. Maybe they have changed but from what Lee says I doubt it.

I joined a couple months ago (and also belonged in the u.s.) Not disagreeing with what anyone above says about a more limited selection in Argentina, but there is some really good stuff. I discovered the series Breaking Bad and got absolutely hooked. I think there are some other good series on there, and some good movies. All seem to have subtitle options so you can read subtitles in Spanish while you listen in English to get a little Spanish practice (anyway that's how I rationalize the time spent). No problems with the technology not working.

As others have said, the selection is quite limited, but I use the streaming all the time and find plenty of stuff to watch. I also utilize www.cuevana.tv

If you want to continue using the U.S. version of Netflix, you can get a VPN (virtual private network); that'll mask the fact that you're accessing your account from outside the U.S., and will allow you to use Netflix as if you're in the U.S. What's more, if you use a VPN, you can access a number of other restricted services (that require you to be "in" the U.S.)...services like Hulu, Pandora, Rdio, etc.

I use a VPN called proXPN (http://proxpn.com), and it's fantastic; super easy to install and use. They have a free service and one you pay for; I opted for the latter because of faster upload/download speeds and the option to choose where it says you're logging in from (various U.S. locations).

Thanks for the all your responses. SO ElLatingo...never heard of a VPN, I'll check it out. So how much does cost and how does it generally work?

@eschal...There are MANY options out there for VPN service; I can tell you only about the one I recommended; if you want to compare services, just Google something like "VPN comparisons" or "VPN ratings" to see what others say.

From my experience, the service I recommended has been fantastic. Again, it's easy to install (you do this once) on your computer and once you have an account you can use your credentials for other peripherals like an iPhone or iPad. I've never had any connectivity issues, though some browsers (namely Chrome) seem to run a bit slower when I'm logged into the VPN.

In terms of pricing, check out the link I provided. Again, there's a free service and a paid option. Can't remember if there's just one level of pricing or tiered but I remember that you can opt for a 6-month plan or an annual one.

i have used strongvpn service for 6 months and impressed by service and support .i got their open vpn package which was 85 a year and have all us netflix works great

Back