New 1,000$ Bill

HenryNisental

Registered
Starting Monday, it will begin to circulate a new 1,000$ bill. It was time!!!
The new bill will have a picture of our national bird, the litlle hornero (or mud oven bird, for
the shape of the nest he creates with mud).
Personaly, I think that our national bird should be the andean condor, since it is a great vulture!!!
But this litlle bird is a herculean worker: he builds his nest by piling up bits of mud in his beak, gram
by gram, and creating an igloo-like or a mud oven. It was immotalized in the famous poem from
Leopoldo Lugones:

La casita del hornero
tiene sala y tiene alcoba,
y aunque en ella no hay escoba
limpia esta con todo esmero

I have not had a taxista who could not change a 100 peso bill in at least 5 years. Or a kiosko, either.

I have not had a taxista who could not change a 100 peso bill in at least 5 years. Or a kiosko, either.

Yeah, compared to 5-8 years ago the 100 is the new 20.

Haven't yet sprung a 500 on a taxista and will try not to for quite a while.

In 15 years taxistas will become a relic. Automatically driven cars in Ubers/Lyfts etc services will eliminate the need for a driver except maybe for those who can't qualify for a credit card.
Perhaps the intro of a 1000 note (equivalent to about $50) heralds the normalization of monetary and fiscal policy which will result in bringing inflation down to within "normal" limits. This will benefit the economy by stimulating bank lending of all kinds not the least of which will be mortgage lending which, in turn, will boost the price of housing.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]since it is a great vulture!!![/background]
I think that our national bird should be the andean condor, since it is a great vulture!!!

I love the sense of humor...'Vulture" ...ha ha ,,, literally the currency we have gobble$ up everything just like one (indirect tax via inflation).

Will the banks now fill their ATM's with the new bill, limit me to two of them, and charge an ungodly fee ?

Back