New 100 Peso Note.... Yes Another One.

scotttswan

Registered
http://www.lanacion....adres-y-abuelas

:rolleyes:

sEg74Y0.jpg

unbelievable the largest bill and yet a second edition as if the previous one with evita wasnt enough! and the $ 50 one which I have never seen
Good job cretina you know what's important in this country!

in a country where there is almost no inflation, why would one need bigger notes? BTW i believe in the fairy God mother

Nice, the madres de plaza are included on it as another constant reminder of this country`s horrible past. Cant they put something a bit more optimistic , picture of messi or something?

An image of Maradona's left hand, perhaps?

Nice, the madres de plaza are included on it as another constant reminder of this country`s horrible past. Cant they put something a bit more optimistic , picture of messi or something?

I could not disagree more. In spite of the inane stupidity of what many of the Madres have turned their organisation into, the resistance to the crimes of the last dictatorship is one of the few things Argentina should be fiercely proud of. AFAIK Argentina is the country that has the best record on confronting its past ghosts, and there are many countries that would do well to follow the same path.

For example, could you imagine the Madres existing in Indonesia to confront Suharto? In Spain to unearth the dark Franquista past? In the US to call the country to account for millions slaughtered in Cambodia, Iraq, Vietnam...? And the list goes on.

In the midst of the inflation, the political histrionics, the corruption, the mistreatment of the native population... the resistance of the Madres stands out as something where Argentina can in fact be proud.

I'd like notes with animals and plants instead of faces. They are more neutral and happier, and never get out of style.
check out this http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2015/02/hungarian-banknote-concept-designed-by-barbara-bernat/

Back