New Ba Herald

chris

Registered
The BA Herald weekly edition cam out today on newsstands. It is a fairly thick paper costing $40 pesos. I hope they can keep it going!

Must try and get one.
Being weekly could be an improvement as the content will hopefully be more 'lifestyle' orientated. I rarely bought it more than once a week anyway.

Must try and get one.
Being weekly could be an improvement as the content will hopefully be more 'lifestyle' orientated. I rarely bought it more than once a week anyway.

You may be right but Friday is not a very good day to publish. Sunday would be ideal. Friday makes it impossible to summarize the news as the government often uses this day to make announcements. Yesterday's paper was interesting. Pablo Bardin had a musical review but missing were Martin Gambarotta and James Nielsen. Maybe they will return. I hope.

I hope that readers will buy the new Herald as it is not sure that the publishers are going to allow its continued publication. It seems to be an experiment. Anyway Friday's paper was thick and worth the $40 pesos.

I forgot to buy one.

I think it'll be lucky to survive to be honest. I still go to the BBC.com for my daily news and as Argentine news is so bloody depressing I stay away from it as much as possible.

Presumably newsstands will keep the Herald on sale all week. Just a guess.
I find most news, from here or abroad, depressing. The Herald is the only source of local news in English - and the most objective in my opinion.
If the paper does not survive it may be more due to the owners' indifference than to lack of readership.

Back