New Circle Flight Route: Iguazú-Salta-Mendoza-Bariloche-BA & Reverse

mendozanow

Registered
New Circle Flight Route: Iguazú-Salta-Mendoza-Bariloche-BA & Reverse
“North corridor”, Aerolineas Argentinas ’ new flight route

This deals with a topic often asked about in this forum.

Aerolíneas Argentinas has a new domestic flight route called “North Corridor” from Aeroparque Jorge Newbery to Iguazú-Salta-Mendoza and Bariloche.

These flights started operating on August 18th, four times a week, two flight frequencies to Iguazú and two to Bariloche, on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Flights leave from Aeroparque at 08.05 a.m. arriving in Iguazu at 9.50 a.m. in order to depart to Salta at 10.30 a.m. arriving at 12.20 p.m.. Afterwards they leave to Mendoza at 12.55 p.m. arriving at 2.40 p.m. from where they depart to Bariloche at 3.15 p.m. arriving at 4.55 p.m. Finally, these flights return to Buenos Aires at 5.25 p.m. arriving at 7.40 p.m.

In the reverse direction, those flights to Bariloche as the first destination leave from Aeroparque al 6.10 a.m. arriving at 8.30 a.m. in order to depart to Mendoza at 9.10 a.m. arriving at 10.50 a.m.. Afterwards, they leave for Salta at 11.25 a.m. arriving at 1.15 p.m. from where they depart to Iguazu at 1.15 p.m. arriving at 1.50 p.m. These flights return to Buenos Aires at 4.20 p.m. arriving at 6.10 p.m.

http://www.losandes.com.ar/notas/2010/8/19/presentaron-ruta-aerea-denominada-corredor-federal-509253.asp

The prices shown on the advertisment are for ARGENTINEAN RESIDENTS only (necessary proof needed, or you will have to pay extra if you book as a resident). the fare for non-residents will be roughly twice as much.

Great news! And for you guys in BA that have not, I highly suggest getting out of the big city and exploring Argentina. There are some real amazing spots that must be visited!

I believe that special airfares for Argentines was implemented during the last financial crisis. This was done to help people fly more affordably. Fine. That financial crisis is over. I saw an Aerolineas ad in La Nacion, several years ago. The fares stated were only for Argentines. Not fine. The fares were for Business Class!! No one has to fly busines class. That's like giving food stamps (that' s an EEUU thing) to residents of Palermo Chico.

Well actually I think it is not 2x the price but only 1.5x for foreigners.
I have mixed feelings about that double pricing. After all, Aerolineas got quite a bit of the argentine taxpayer´s money.
Nevertheless I really don´t understand why they discriminate in business class too.

By the way, does LAN do double-pricing as well? On the only flight I did with them (one-way to Ushuaia for about 150 Euro) there was no difference in the price shown on their website (tried once as european, once pretending to be argie just because I was curious)

Keeping Aerolineas flying is bleeding the long-suffering Argentine taxpayers dry. It is only fair that they get some of their money back via reduced fares.

Back