New DNIs available for foreigners yet?

random

Registered
Are the new tarjeta DNIs available for foreigners yet?

I am not interested in anyone's opinions or speculation, and I don't need a link to the web site --- I just want to know if anyone here with permanent residence has actually been able to get a new DNI. Thanks.

random said:

I am not interested in anyone's opinions or speculation, and I don't need a link to the web site --- I just want to know if anyone here with permanent residence has actually been able to get a new DNI. Thanks.

Yup, I received my DNI and DNI card in November.

mcaffa said:
Yup, I received my DNI and DNI card in November.
I have had a DNI for some years, what is a DNI Card? [mine is a nasty looking little hand assembled booklet]

random said:

I received my new DNI card and DNI booklet 6 months ago. My Argentine wife wants to get the new DNI card, since all she has is the DNI booklet. She noticed that you can get them made at Abasto Mall (near the entrance to the cine).

She asked them about it last weekend and they said that you have to be one of the first 60 people there in the morning and the fee is 20 pesos but you have to pay with a credit card.

Desde2008 said:
It is a lamented DNI card the same size as a credit card that can be easily carried in your wallet.

haha! I think you mean laminated -- though considering the headaches one often goes through to get the DNI, one may at some point lament ever having started the process...

Desde2008 said:
I received my new DNI card and DNI booklet 6 months ago. My Argentine wife wants to get the new DNI card, since all she has is the DNI booklet. She noticed that you can get them made at Abasto Mall (near the entrance to the cine).

She asked them about it last weekend and they said that you have to be one of the first 60 people there in the morning and the fee is 20 pesos but you have to pay with a credit card.

I don't believe this applies to foreigners though. My husband is a foreigner with a permanent resident who is trying to get the new DNI card (he has had the old one for years), but they said he needed to go to the registro nacional de las personas.

Just to be clear, is the DNI card everyone is refering to, the cedula?

Back