New "door to door" from Correo ARG: int'l shipments will arrive at home

What is with the 12 x $50 USD... What a random decision... Will create multiple shipments that take longer to process. Better off just having a single cap on purchases per year eg 3 purchases total $500 USD per year per person. This would avoid people buying 12 x $2 USD cables from China that clogs the system.

I take it you are expecting a new system introduced here to be rational? Good grief.

Forgot to update: Yes we bought a cell phone battery and got it delivered no problem. Beware if you are not a perm resident, you will always have to go to customs.
"not a permanent resident...you will have to go to customs" As ever there's an exception that complicates, for the unwary, the ordinary tasks here. Where is the Customs location you have to go to pickup your package?

Last edited:
When shipping out of the US I found the US Postal Service to be an excellent, economical service and, unlike UPS or other shipping companies, they co-ordinate with the receiving country's Postal Service. With USPS you get frequent tracking updates all the way through to delivery, or if it applies a message saying"your package is being held in Customs". It also happened in my experience that the receiving country's Postal Service just cleared it straight through delivering to the receiver. Anyone have experience shipping to Argentina via US Postal and the hand off to Correos Argentina?

"not a permanent resident...you will have to go to customs" As ever there's an exception that complicates, for the unwary, the ordinary tasks here. Where is the Customs location you have to go to pickup your package?
Av Antartida Argentina in Retiro if you live in CABA. Got that packaage shipped by USPS and got it delivered via Correo Argentino no problems. I was always able to track it down.

As I cannot find a thread (easily) about receiving a small shipment via US Postal Service from the US, can anyone advise on being able to receive a U$8.00 value, 12 oz bag of coffee beans here? Living here with DNI. Shipped by a friend.

except it not to arrive. if it does, you will have to go to retiro to pay some sort of duty for it. maybe in a couple months you'll have your coffee, if you're lucky.

except it not to arrive. if it does, you will have to go to retiro to pay some sort of duty for it. maybe in a couple months you'll have your coffee, if you're lucky.
I use USPS often to other countries, Thailand for example. The USPS provides tracking info including notice when parcel arrives to Customs. See how it goes then. Claiming at Customs is normal, unfortunately.

Back