New expat from Germany needs help!

alma_1403

Registered
Dear expat community,
my name is Alma and I recently came to Buenos Aires to work at a British private school as an English assistant teacher.
Unfortunately, the working conditions and the accommodation were really different from what I was told before and the location (Quilmes) made it really difficult for me to go to my Spanish classes at university.
Since I really want to stay here in Buenos Aires, I am urgently looking for a job now. I have a lot of experience in childcare; I worked as a babysitter in Germany for more than 2 years and as an AuPair in Sevilla for 4 months. I also worked as an assistant teacher in a German school in Sevilla and was able to gain experience in teaching. I lived in England for several months and went to a British boarding school with a scholarship. I also did a first aid training.
If you know anyone who is looking for a nanny, an AuPair, teacher, or just really any other job (tourism/travel agency/guided tours in several languages etc.) please let me know.
Thank you very much, your help is really appreciated.

I wished you had joined this community before and asked us our opinion before flying here.

The country is going through a very bad time.

I recently came to Buenos Aires to work at a British private school as an English assistant teacher. Unfortunately, the working conditions and the accommodation were really different from what I was told before and the location (Quilmes) made it really difficult for me to go to my Spanish classes at university..

Is the school St. Georges? If so, perhaps you could contact the woman who started this thread: A lot of advice needed

Last month she posted that she accepted a teaching positon at St. Georges and is now living in Quilmes.

I imagine she would be very sympathetic to your situation and she might even know a family who is looking for a nanny!

In any case, did the school at which you are working give you a work contract (with temporary residency) or are you here on a student visa?

In either case, as long as you have a DNI it will be "easier" for you to get a job...(at least en blanco).

PS: I hope this helps!

Last edited:
Back