New from the UK


Jul 25, 2007
My name´s Claire and I arrived from the UK yesterday. I´ve come here to be with my boyfriend. I´m planning to teach English and study Spanish and tango :)
I´m really pleased to have found this website. It has some great information and helped me a lot in preparing for the trip. I have a question which I´m hoping someone might be able to help me with. I managed to leave my adaptor plugs at home and I really need one for my laptop. Do you know where I might find one? Thank you in advance!
Have a great day!
Any electronics store and quite a few kioskos will have one. just ask around.
Welcome. Im English and moved to be here with my Argentine girlfriend 2 years ago.We now live near Tigre.
Anyway, if you have no luck in finding a UK to ARG adaptor and are planning to stay, why not chop the UK plug off and fit a three pin Arg plug which you can find anywhere...most electrical stores anyway. I've had to do that to most of my stuff here. Make sure you buy a three pin plug though with an earth connection. I made the mistake of fitting a 2 pin plug to my PC with no earth and every time I touched the case I got a mild shock. Luckily no damage was done, so I then changed it for a three pin.
I hope this helps. Good luck!
Hi Claire! My name is Romina and I lived in the UK for some months back in 2004. I had to do the same thing as you, only the other way round. I agree with Marc about chopping the cable and getting some 3 pin plugs. I had to do that with some of my stuff...
If you are interested in chatting or meeting, please contact me at [email protected]